HELP needed for exhibition :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP needed for exhibition :)

I think this is my first plea for help My exhibition starts on 31st July and the gallery have just informed me that I need to take my own plinths as they only have one to use.

Im looking for 2 or 3 in different sizes to group together...say 2ft ~ 4ft ish Just plain white nothing fancy.

Anyone know anyone that could make them or were I could buy some that don't cost ££££ IDEAS ANYONE?

Getting a bit nervous now the date is looming! kiln is on as we speak...canvases getting painted...glass being cut...posting out invites...making up promo leaflets........will be pleased once its all up and ready....now wheres my glass of wine HIC*
    Debbie
    www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Gosh Zebs, looks like you're about to hit the big time

Can't help you with the plinths but I'll always have a virtual glass of wine with you - cheers and good luck! Hope everything goes well for you.
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

No idea on the plinths but just wanted to wish you well for your exhibition. You stuff is beautiful, I'm sure your guests will be impressed.
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

www.3ddisplay.co.uk they have that kind of stuff but not sure about plinths

edited-godam it, i knew that link wouldnt work..nothing ever goes right.
        Last edited by Seahorse; 18-07-2007, 10:12 AM.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by littlesnuggler View Post
          Gosh Zebs, looks like you're about to hit the big time

Can't help you with the plinths but I'll always have a virtual glass of wine with you - cheers and good luck! Hope everything goes well for you.

Thank you Helen, your support is very much appreciated.
          cheers.

Think I will feel better once all my work is up and the exhibition starts!..counting days now~now where did I put that pen..........................................
          Debbie
          www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
            No idea on the plinths but just wanted to wish you well for your exhibition. You stuff is beautiful, I'm sure your guests will be impressed.

Thank you Amanda and for your kind words also. Fingers crosssed and all that.

xx
            Debbie
            www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
              www.3ddisplay.co.uk they have that kind of stuff but not sure about plinths

edited-godam it, i knew that link wouldnt work..nothing ever goes right.

lol Seahorse....thank you for posting~ don't seem to be getting anywhere as regards to plinths.

Going to drive out to Ikea to see if there is anything there I can use~ all else fails I will suspend my work on my chandeliers!!
              Debbie
              www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

My Usual Suggestion....

....Try eBay!

I've just bought a 3ft Boyds Bear called Jake to model my children's aprons!

Good luck with everything too! I am mega-nervous about Sudeley, so I know how you feel!

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts
                www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Don't know if any of these are any good for you but have had a quick look on EBay for you and found the following:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USED-BLACK-LAQ...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHOP-Display-P...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3x-ACRYLIC-RET...QQcmdZViewItem

The last ones look the best to me, not white but clear acrylic so not too fancy or anything!
                  Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Good luck with the exhibition and I'll be visiting it at some point in its duration (will be a Monday) so will let you know how impressed I am!!!

I once exhibited a painting in an art gallery. Just managed to get it finished in time but not sure that the oils were quite dry enough hehehe!!

Comment

I was asked to display some of my paintings earlier this year in an exhibition but declined as I didn't think they were good enough, but went along and saw others on display and wished i had now!!!
                      Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sommerwood View Post
                        I was asked to display some of my paintings earlier this year in an exhibition but declined as I didn't think they were good enough, but went along and saw others on display and wished i had now!!!

Go for it...........always be positive about your work. Approach some galleries with your work and you will get a general feel if they think there good enough............which they are!

Its fun too
                        Debbie
                        www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sugarandspicecrafts View Post
                          Good luck with the exhibition and I'll be visiting it at some point in its duration (will be a Monday) so will let you know how impressed I am!!!

I once exhibited a painting in an art gallery. Just managed to get it finished in time but not sure that the oils were quite dry enough hehehe!!

ROFL.....I like

See you soon then
                          Debbie
                          www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

Thank you everyone with help on plinths....much appreciated.

Its the big ones I can't find...looks like hubby is going to have to make something!

Been on ebay and lots of sites...found one company they were £560 for a set of 3!!

Or its plan B...Hang my work from my chandeliers! lol
                            Debbie
                            www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X