I need organised!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need organised!

My work desk is awful My stuff is everywhere and i need something to change. I am going to sell my archery equipment and spend a wee bit on my organisation. But I also need materials so i cant spend loads. I think the main thing is a shelf but i have no idea how to put a shelf up and I dont want a half assed job as it might fall down. I have wire everywhere, sand paper all over, findings, tools! Here are some pics. What it doesnt show is all of the mess under and around my desk. What can organise me for cheap!?

Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

I think mine looks exactly the same!! lol I'm in the process of 'doing up' my work area but it will never be tidy!

I do have some of those plastic drawer units and a bookshelf. Not the best idea's but they do help

cj
    www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
    Become a facebook fan
    Check out my blog

Comment

Ah yes, under the desk, beside the boxes of wood that i have had for months, i have 2 sets of plastic drawers full of redundant beads! I must get rid of them actually.
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

If you can get hold of someone with some basic DIY savvy, kitchen worktops make great work surfaces. Thick, strong and durable. Shelving can be done using industrial type metal shelving which can be added to, adapted to suit your space etc. Also you might have to accept that no matter how organised the space is, if you are like me (and judging by the picture you are) you will always end up having to have a tidy up and sort out every so often as you don't 'think organised.' My workshop gets sorted when I get to a point where I know I own a tool or something but can't find it. Usually about once every couple of weeks.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

I bought two small metal multi filing drawers, 8 narrow drawers each at auction for £10, perfect for lots of my silversmithing tools and they sit under my timber worktop. Also use A4 paper filing drawers from WHSmith 4 drawers for £4.99 for strings of stones and beads, wire, lables, etc etc. Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Been there (still am).
            When you are penniless, dive into local skips and get bricks (or breeze blocks) and bits of wood. Back home stack the bricks to make supports and balance the wood on top to make shelves.
            Got a few pennies? Pop down to the charity shop and buy an old book case. You can sometimes find some that colapse making them easier to carry home.
            Getting richer/ splurge out in B&Q Homebase, Ikea.
            Top of the pops- Design what you really want and get someone to make it for you.
            (I managed the latter in my living room , 'fraid my workshop is still at stage one )

Storage -
            penniless: eat chinese takeaways, wash out the plastic containers and keep small stuff in that (they stack). Snaffle empty fruit crates from your local shop. Good for tools/big things. They stack too.
            Got a penny or two? Pop down to the pound shop for .....the above but slightly posher.
            Rolling in it? Build your house with very useful boxes

Comment

Looks like organised chaos to me, you do realise if and when you organise everything it will take you months to find anything, trust me it takes ages to get use to where everything is once you're organised.

Comment

Originally posted by prem2pram View Post
                Looks like organised chaos to me, you do realise if and when you organise everything it will take you months to find anything, trust me it takes ages to get use to where everything is once you're organised.
                I agree totally. Now where did I put my lathe...I know it's in here somewhere?

Pete
                "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                Facebook

Website

Comment

Oh so true. I tidied up my saws the other day. Theoretically they are all in the same place...........but where has my hacksaw gone!!!!!! I needed it a minute ago.

Comment

You could get a simple shelf unit for Ikea or somewhere and some stacking trays for your bits and bobs. I used to have one of those saws and forget what is is called. Woodworkers are the worst for untidyness with their boxes of bits of wood, half finished jobs, experimantal bits, boxes of nails and screws, useful containers, collections of drill bits, screw divers, G clamps and I could go on. A good tidy up once a day or get a cleaner in is the answer. Regards LC

Comment

Hmm, thing is i have my work desk in my bedroom and have no other rooms to work with, plus its a rented flat. I am allowed to put up a shelf so i think that would help get things off the table. I could get a cork board and hammer nails in to it to hang up my hammers...? And get lots of boxes for my wire. I really need to get rid of a load of beads....When i first started making stuff i bought loads that I now wont ever use. Might see if anyone here wants a freebe!

Comment

I'm not being serious but I'm imagining like Christmas decoration garlands of little plastic bags filled with nicely sorted coloured beads dangling from a spider's web of string strung across your ceiling. Pretty. Pretty weird......

If your room is rented I'd go for a free standing book case. A sort of waist height one? You can sit them on tables or desks and you can take it with you when you move on.

Cork board is rubbish at holding anything heavy. You might have to rethink your hammers.

Comment

Why not take a look at the Friday Ad "Free to Collecter" - pick it up early, aroumd 8a.m and do up whatever there is on offer. You should take a look at my workdesk - - I LOVE IT messy! If I walked into an organised room I would probably freak - Organised chaos is the key! That's what yours looks like.
                          Good Luck
                          Rebecca

www.cauliflowercupcake.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                          X