Wedding harmpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding harmpers

I am think of doing wedding hampers and was wondering do you have to be careful about what things you place in the hamper - i.e

candles, bath products, creams that none of these item could cause harm.

If any body could help with make question

plus I would like to buy items which are handmade

kind regards
    Sara
    Elegant Designs

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elegan...3497680?ref=hl

Are you thinking of doing different sizes of hampers? Not sure how much you want to spend on items so it's a bit difficult. I got married in December 2009 so I am thinking of the things I would have liked to see. I think the scented candles and bath products are great items especially if you g3t handmade ones and something out of the ordinary. Something they could eat/nibble together would be nice. Handmade chocolates, truffles, heart shaped cookies or cupcakes, something nice to drink, maybe a half bottle of special wine or champagne (depending on the budget), two champagne glasses hand painted etc As I say if you are doing the hampers in various sizes and prices then that gives you quote a bit of scope. Sounds like a good idea. I would have loved a hamper for the two of us to open together when the big day was over.

Comment

Thanks Marie for your comment

Yes i would be having different size and prices and having sweets etc.

I thought the same as you, about having a nice hamper just for two..
      Sara
      Elegant Designs

Comment

If you are planning to put handmade bath products, candles etc. Then the person you buy them from would have had them safety tested and all ingredients/contact details will be on the label. Generally most people know if they are "allergic" to creams/bath products and would generally not use them. However if there is a problem then they would have the details to contact the person who make the item. I think it is a great idea and something unusual instead of the normal cutlery, crockery etc etc

Donna
        The Soap Fairy xx
        www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

That's a lovely idea. Like Donna says, the responsibility would lie with the manufacturer. the only thing taht did occur to me was checking shelf life if you're planning to put in sweets/cupcakes etc, especially if they're handmade. That said, I think it's probably quite rare for people to go away on their honeymoon immediately after the wedding now, so I guess as long as you were clear about it, it'd be fine. You could even do bespoke ones where the buyer tailors the contents to the recipient- loevly
          Ballderdash & Bunting
          Twitter (Ballderdash & Bunting)
          [B]The Ark Man
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am Ballderdash, the blog[COLOR=#0000CD]

Comment

it would be best if you hire any of wedding planner, because wedding is most memorable event in our life..so don't compromise with it..
            Bird Conservation | DU Unlimited | Carving | Delta Waterfowl

Comment

I believe you would need to get an alcohol licence if you were to put champagne in the hamper so might need to rethink that one.

Love the idea of smellies and little treats to help the b2b de-stress
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Thank you for replies

Natty Netty i never thought about the alcohol licence - I am checking this out a Solictor he is going to come back to me tomorrow with an answer - so thank you

I will let you know what he says

I am looking into other things which I can put in any suggested would be great received.

Best wishes
                Sara
                Elegant Designs

Comment

Originally posted by tiara sara View Post
                  Natty Netty i never thought about the alcohol licence - I am checking this out a Solictor he is going to come back to me tomorrow with an answer - so thank you

I will let you know what he says
                  Hope he says otherwise but that was the case when I looked into it, apparently you have to attend a 2 day course to get it and there are various other hoops to jump through too along with the fees - we decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Anyway onto other suggestions, we didn't have a traditional wedding (disappeared to Sri Lanka to do it) so can't talk from personal experience but some of my friends got very very stressed before their weddings so anything to help relax them could be good.
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi Natty Netty

Got my answer today from the Solictor - he says 'No' unless I want to buy a licence which would cost £ .......

It would be cheaper to go and buy a pub i don't think husband would agree to that one.

I can put non alcohol in it along with other items - so I am going to look into other items - I am open to suggestions

Thank you for bring it up otherwise I could find myself in alot of trouble.
                    Sara
                    Elegant Designs

Comment

Ps wow going to Sri Lanka to get married now that is something else.
                      Sara
                      Elegant Designs

Comment

hiya

i handmade candles and spe******e in personalised candles. I also have a small selection of handmde soaps etc.

My webite is www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk

HTH
                        Vicky x
                        Eternal Flame Candles
                        www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk

Hand Made in Scotland

Comment

I'm getting married next year and love this idea. A hamper for the bride on the morning of her wedding would be lovely, candles, lotions and sweets and treats for her and her bridesmaids is would be great. Hampers as gifts for the bridesmaids or mothers of the bride and groom would appeal to me who is definately looking for handcrafted and unusual things for my wedding. Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Thanks rachbaby for your comments i will keep you posted good luck with the wedding plans for next year.

Vicky I have emailed

I open to other suggestions and suppliers.

Many thanks
                            Sara
                            Elegant Designs

Comment

Working...
                            X