Am I being really, really thick?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being really, really thick?!

On my FB business page, I posted an update. I thought I was sending it to all of my fans. Like a message I guess. However, I can't find it by logging in either as my mum, or my husband. Any idea what I've actually done?! If I go to the page I can find it, but I want to target people with a message, not just leave one for people to stumble across, lol!

Update- I actually can't find it at all if I'm not logged in as myself, grrr.
    Last edited by Ballderdash; 21-09-2010, 09:40 PM. Reason: Update on my thickness!
    Ballderdash & Bunting
    Twitter (Ballderdash & Bunting)
    [B]The Ark Man
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am Ballderdash, the blog[COLOR=#0000CD]

Is it the one that says "Ballderdash & Bunting is now fully certified, registered and up and running!!" or was it posted after that?

Jo
    www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Comment

No, that was just a status update (sorry, think I've probably been a bit too keen and been spamming people, lol). It was a proper message with a title and main body. I just cannot work out where it's gone! If I log in as admin, it's there on the 'edit page' bit, but not anywhere visible! Maybe it doesn't get sent straightaway...
      Ballderdash & Bunting
      [B]The Ark Man

Comment

I have to say personally, I hate getting PMs from business pages on Facebook and have been known to delete businesses that do - i suppose only friends would send a pm and get all interested only to find an ad
        As for not finding stuff facebook often eats all sorts - i comment on posts and they vanish so its facebook thats thick imo
        Chris xx
        My Website
        My Blog

Comment

They often throttle messages at busy periods especially if you have lots of (what were) "fans"

also worth checking if its not sent as a PM but an update is that you don't have "just others" selected

Comment

Thanks. I didn't have the option to send it as a pm. It just said 'post an update'. I'll leave it a while and see what happens. I'll bear it in mind that some people aren't keen on messages from businesses. This was just to let people know that I'm fully up and running and registered with EH so I don't have to keep saying 'when I'm registered I'll let you know' anymore! I'll try not to make a habit of it
            Ballderdash & Bunting
            [B]The Ark Man

Comment

If you go into 'edit page' under the profile picture, then on the right hand side, about halfway down (to the left of the adverts, obviously!), you'll have a set of "Promote your page" options - including "Send an Update" and "See all updates" - these are the PM type updates and you can check there if you sent one!
              --Matt

Web Development
              Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Thanks Matt, I've done that and it's definitely there. It just hasn't appeared in anyone's inbox yet!
                Ballderdash & Bunting
                [B]The Ark Man

Comment

Originally posted by Ballderdash View Post
                  Thanks Matt, I've done that and it's definitely there. It just hasn't appeared in anyone's inbox yet!
                  Ah, well, I wouldn't sweat it then - it's probably just Facebook being pants (for a change)
                  --Matt

Web Development
                  Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

I think there is a prob on FB at the moment. I play scrabble and it has shut down.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X