New discovery! (well for me anyway!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New discovery! (well for me anyway!)

I popped into my local knitting shop on Saturday with the intention of getting some new needles (I loose them every year) and some wool for making my mum an MIL a scarf for Christmas (doesn't sound much but I'm hoping the fact I'm making them will make them better!) but I came out with something much better!....

A knitting loom! If you're not the best knitter (like me) but want to make pretty things I strongly recommend getting one! What looks like a slightly bizarre piece of plastic will actually make knitting unbelievably easy!

After watching just 1 3minute youtube video I was away! I will try and post some pictures of the scarf when I finished (which won't be long at all)

Not much point to this other that the sing the praises of the loom! I'll be off to get a round one soon too...hats, mittens and socks here I come!! hehe

Lou Lou's Luxuries on Folksy

MonkeyLouLou's Blog

Facebook Fan Page

Tweet Tweet (twitter)

Yay, I bought a straight knitting loom yesterday in our local craft shop (£8.25) - no idea what to do with it though lol... it's like a straight flat piece of plastic with 36 'pegs' - two rows of eighteen. This the same as yours?

I need to look into what to do with it though cos I had a play with it this morning and ended up back at square one lol.

Any tips?

Can't wait to see what you make with yours

Laura xxx

Comment

Ooooh sound slike a fab piece of kit, you definitely both need to show us the results..........

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
        I need to look into what to do with it though cos I had a play with it this morning and ended up back at square one lol.

Any tips?
        I just watched half a dozen you tube videos and there were all very good just search for knitting loom casting on, off, different stitches

think I might add a knitting loom to my Christmas list ! though that might take it onto page 3 !

Francesca
        * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
        Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

I look forward to seeing some of your projects.

Comment

Here is my finished scarf! It took me about a week to do but I was only knitting for about 20minutes a day on my commute!

Sorry it's taken so long to get back, I've had a ridiculously busy few weeks!

FluffySquirrel, look for youtube videos for how to cast on - there is an American guy who explains it really well!

I'm now looking for a new pattern to try out! This scarf is for my MIL, doing one for my mum and little ones for the nieces too!

MonkeyLouLou's Blog

Facebook Fan Page

Tweet Tweet (twitter)

Comment

Looking good LouLou... I'm sure your family will love these gorgeous scarves, especially knowing you learned this new technique especially for making their gifts

I haven't had any success with my knitting loom as yet BUT at yesterday's craft fair I did buy a handcrafted weaving loom and I'm loving it... it's sooooo easy, almost finished my first scarf with it. Really happy hehe (simple things amuse simple minds and all that lol) xxx

Comment

Oooh that sounds interesting! I think I will have to investigate!

MonkeyLouLou's Blog

Facebook Fan Page

Tweet Tweet (twitter)

Comment

Working...
                X