How do you manage your time??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you manage your time??

So i work between 6 to 8 hours a day and sometime struggle to fit work and crafting in my day!! I work later in the day and find it harder to do stuff than when i worked in the mornings!! I just wonders how others managed to make time??

With great difficulty lol. Iwork Mon-Fri 9-5 and don't get home till 6ish. By this time i have to cook, eat etc so only have a couple of hours left to do anything.

I also get my Mum to do basic things for me, like putting bails on keyrings and beads on headpins ready for me to bend, and my Dad has mastered how I like the head / eye pins cut against beads, so he has started to help with that. I also make at the fairs I do as there is sometimes a lot of time to kill. I'd be lost without my folks help

Gemma xx

Comment

Hi...I sometimes wonder too.
      I'm a busy working mother of two and by the time we eat, things are put away and kids put to bed, it gives me little time, but I think any time that can be put in is worth the effort.

I'm now trying to get the spare room tidy of junk so that I can use the desk in there and that will save me time having to find everything out from the day before and putting it out on the dining table.

Jealous of Gemma....I wonder if I could get my one year old and seven year old to help out!!??

Mine may not be the tidiest of homes, but it's homely and you can't do it all....even though we'd like to!

http://eiledon.co.uk
      http://eiledon.co.uk

http://eiledonworkingfromhome.blogspot.com

Comment

We have all been there, I used to get up at 5:00am work at my craft, go to work then start again once I got home, weekends an average day either of fairs or working again 5:00 to about 9:00. If you are passionate about what you do, you can achieve, do you have a lunch break, could you not take some work with you, take your own sandwiches find a quiet spot and then make. How do you travel to work, if by public transport again make on the journey. Learn to make as much time as possible free to do what you love. You sounds if you still live at home, when I was working full time also running a home, cooking meals etc but we managed.

That is all behind me now and I do what I love all day, however it took me until 50 to be able to do it, believe me it will happen one day.

Comment

I am a full time professional and try to stick to a 9-5 routine and maybe a bit at weekends depending on the orders that have come in. It is very difficult for the hobbyists if you are crafting during the evenings and weekends because it must make them very tired for their day job. You have to structure your time and not spend too long in jobs if you want to make a profit on your work. Also you need to plan well ahead and make sure you have enough stock for your shows, online shops and retail outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by gemmaslittletreasures View Post

I also get my Mum to do basic things for me, like putting bails on keyrings and beads on headpins ready for me to bend, and my Dad has mastered how I like the head / eye pins cut against beads, so he has started to help with that.
            So basically you've trained your mum and dad up to do the less interesting parts of your craft.....I like your style
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I never thought of it like that lol. Will keep telling them its the 'easy bits' though

I wish I had more time for even the easy bits though - I want to get out and market myself more, but its all time, time, time, time, time...

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
              So basically you've trained your mum and dad up to do the less interesting parts of your craft.....I like your style

Comment

Very badly at the moment! I'm still on a high as my youngest has just started school, and I have six hours a day To Myself!! I just keep jumping from one thing to the next (I have a software business as well as wanting time to do the craft work), but I'm pretty close to getting organised in making time for everything - I hope!!
                facebook: Shiny Craftwork
                Folksy :: Shiny Craftwork
                Website - ShinyCraftwork.co.uk

Comment

Also, stay focused on what you HAVE done...and be excited about that! Stay positive! Don't look at what you haven't been able to get done, but what you have done. Give yourself a star and a pat on the back!

Comment

hi all,

ive just been on here after a while and could do with a boot up the bum!!!! im a mum of four my youngest 1 today 4yr old just started school and two at secondary school started up a business that was doing well for its 1st year then had to go in for an op and decided i would be ready now that school has started again yet i just feel excausted and not sure where im going i even started to list all stock ready to put it on auction site and give up but its not what i want just need to find my head and arrange my time has anyone else been ready to give up what got you through it?
                    sue

Comment

Thanks guys thats giving me a few new ideas thinking about it i guess i don't do too bad at finding the time!! I think i just need to do as Gemma has done and train up the 'rents !! Its not like i need to make loads i don't have a shop or go to fairs etc i just love doing it!!

Comment

Working...
                      X