Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merry
    replied
    Im lucky now I still live at home and my sister has moved out to univeristy so Ive adopted her bedroom - I have to share it with her bed, all the household laundry and a couple of fish tanks (my mums obsession) but theres a beautiful big desk in there and its just perfect. I still have to tidy my stuff away but I can be a lot more organized and Ive done more jewellery recently as a result as I can sit in there nice and quiet and dont have to worry about people disturbing me. Oh for the day when I have my own place with a spare bedroom that I can leave everything out and shut the door on ready for next time. Those will be the days when Im self emplyed and I become a little jewellery hermit!

Leave a comment:

• Critchley
    replied
    Looks like you are never short of the odd egg for Breckies then Pete. I do understand about it spreading over the house, I drive my OH bonkers as unfortunately he is disgustingly tidy by nature.

Leave a comment:

• bodrighy
    replied
    (Sometimes I end up sharing it.)

This is where I do mine. There is also piles and piles of wood around the side and scattered in heaps throughout the garden. SWMBO has the spare room which also has boxes of stuff I have made as well as packaging and rejects. When we have visitors we have to clear it all up into heaps on one side to get the bed settee down. Usually there are also things that I have made on all the bookshelves seasoning and some on the dining table waiting to be parceled up. Sue has all her pyro stuff by the side of the settee and over the coffee table as well. It's also not unknown to find a piece of wood in the microwave where I am fast seasoning something and forgot it. LOL

Pete
    Last edited by bodrighy; 26-11-2010, 01:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brunette
    replied
    I am also lucky to have a craft "box" room - its the smallest room in the house but it has a good size desk, shelves and my sewing machine in it. Of course i'm never happy as it means that when i've been playing with one thing (many boxes of beads) and want to swap to another (a bit of sewing machine chaos) I have to clear the other one away Poor me! lol I must admit even a small space is lovely to have, 50% of the time its a total tip where i've dumped all my bags from the last workshop on the desk or i've dumped my sewing machine on the floor when I get back from class so when you do want to go in there you spend an hour clearing it up and never actual make anything!! It is a shrine to everything girly however and whenever one of the girls comes round they have a fit at all the pink things (dare I say it, Hello Kitty things :/), shiney things and pretty things!

If only I could get to the desk i'd go up there now, but I just can't quite face tidying it up first

Leave a comment:

• HF Glass Lady
    replied
    I am really lucky in that I have my own studio which has a very pretty outlook, its big and I have a work table for cutting my glass etc....supposed to be 'my' space but am sharing it with sacks of bulbs (of the flower variety), bird seed, two rusty filing cabinets and two big cases of power tools, its freezing in the winter and have to wear thermals and a hat to work....but I love it!

Leave a comment:

• sunrise
    replied
    don't worry Mandy ours doesn't look as tidy as that now lol
    one day I'll be brave and take a photo of it when its chaos !!

Leave a comment:

• Mandy66
    replied
    Ohh Sunrise you've shamed me, look how tidy your room is

Mine is the spare bedroom, or the boxroom as some would say, you can't swing a cat round in it really, but its *my space* hubby has his own *man den* downstairs with his mac, telly and ps3, sattelite... boys eh!

I'm shamed into tidying mine.... tomorrow!! My problem is lack of storage space. Here it is just now...

Leave a comment:

• muffin789
    replied
    The room that's going to be my studio has now been painted (just coving and celling to do at the weekend). I will be going through the junk that's crammed into it and ditching as much as I possibly can, so I can get ready for sorting my craft stuff out when I get to the point where I have suitable furniture!

I'll post pics on my blog when I get rid of the disgusting throw that's currently covering my sofabed!!

Leave a comment:

• AnnieAnna
    replied
    Leonora -
    I want a craft house.....barn.....factory and warehouse!
    Visions of never having to clear up. Just making things starting at the front door and working my way along until I fell out of the back door.

Leave a comment:

• silvermaid
    replied
    I should have a craft room as we have two spare rooms but I don't. The downstairs office has all the paperwork for the farm and hardly any room for my craft stuff and the spare bedroom has been used as a dumping ground for all the stuff that my sons don't want. At the moment it has a set of bunk beds (for visitors) two wardrobes, a table and dressing table, along with gym equipment and odds and ends so it's pretty much full up.

Melanie

Leave a comment:

• sunrise
    replied
    I have just posted photos of my tidied up craft room
    http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...-my-craft-room

Leave a comment:

• leonora
    replied
    I want a craft room too!! Actually I think I want a craft STUDIO!!

Leave a comment:

• Leisure Time Collection
    replied
    I'm really lucky as when we moved house there was enough revenue left over to pay for a downstairs extension, so I now have my own craft room, however it is nowhere near as glamorous as some I have seen.

I have not got around to adding any shelving, however it is big enough to house my overlocker, sewing machine, embroidery machine, foot press (popper machine) fabrics, threads etc.

Leave a comment:

• Christa
    replied
    Years ago we converted a spare bedroom into office space and this has now become creative space. It is filled with suitable storage and is in a continual state of creative chaos...which is the downside to being able to stop what you are doing and walk away.

I am always going to tidy it, but as fast as I tidy, the mess multiplies...next time I tidy I must remember to take a quick pic...but right now I would be ashamed for anyone to see it

Leave a comment:

• Lottihr
    replied
    I want one too! Currently I have to use my desk in my office (I am self employed as a trainer as my day job!) and always feel guilty that I should be doing day job work on it and not making lovely things with beads! We hope to move soon and always wanted somewhere with outbuildings for our various bits and my OH's beer brewing, now we are going to need more outbuilding space so I can play without being disturbed or having to dig seed beads out of my keyboard!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X