*Sob* I want a craft room!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Sob* I want a craft room!

I made the mistake of clicking on a link to a blog about craft rooms on here earlier. Now there is just no doubt about it, I *have* to win the lottery, lol. OMG, some of them are truly amazing, and so beautiful- surely they're not really that tidy?! Right, off to wipe the baby food off the dining table before I can make my mother-in-law's birthday card...
    Ballderdash & Bunting
    Twitter (Ballderdash & Bunting)
    [B]The Ark Man
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am Ballderdash, the blog[COLOR=#0000CD]

I am in the process of persuading the DH to to try and get an extension built with a "boys room" and a girls "craft room" but he is having none of it * sobs into my cuppa tea* Might have to try a different plan of attack . . .

Francesca
    * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
    Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Lol, mmm, will rack my brains for you. Unfortunately we've just moved into a house twice the size of our old one and there's still no room for a craft room there are twice as many of us though so I can't really complain, lol. I guess I'll just have to be really successful if winning the lottery doesn't work!
      Ballderdash & Bunting
      [B]The Ark Man

Comment

My husband said I could have the study to work in (when he tidies up his guitars and amps and books etc!) He then told me the other day that he had emptied a shelf for me for my craft books A SHELF!

Think I should start doing the lottery too and then I wouldn't have to work...I could just craft and look after my children...bliss!

http://eiledon.co.uk
        http://eiledon.co.uk

http://eiledonworkingfromhome.blogspot.com

Comment

pmsl at the shelf! Mine's the same- he has a whole double garage full of rubbish, but my craft stuff and even my stuff for my actual job are relegated to the wardrobe and a drawer!
          Ballderdash & Bunting
          [B]The Ark Man

Comment

I had a nice silversmithing bench made for me in our boot room ( Back Porch ) by OH for my Christmas present, proper wood top with inset bench pin sat on two multi filing drawer packs for the tools. Light fitted, pendant drill. vice, soldering station......aaaahhhhh lovely. Tonight I looked at it again as I have yet to use it and it's covered in, cushions from the garden seats as the cupboard they go in is stuffed with golf stuff. The current golf bag and clubs are propped in the cut out with golf shoes etc all over the top. There is a big bag of bird seed, 18 bits of timber, 3 pair of shoes, a sack of bubblewrap and packaging, 3 packs of wood flooring, misc woodworking stuff and a water bottle either on around or lent against it. AND NONE OF IT IS MINE Grrrrrrrrr Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Three years ago my husband and son built the foundation and floor of my craft cottage...and there it sat...at least they painted it so it had a degree of protection from the elements. It became the dogs fave place to lie...

This summer they finished the outside...WAHOOOOOOOOOO! I can run an extension cord out there for a light...I am going to haul my new used rocker out there...and I have a couple of old tables I can put out there and 2 used chests of drawers....I am pretty thrilled! Easily pleased...

Comment

When my son moved out I thought that I could use his old bedroom as a home for all my beads as my dd`s bedroom was now redecorated and furnished as a guest room, No chance it is now a "music" room full of my dh`s guitars a sofa bed and millions of cd`s.
                The only good point is he wouldnt dare say anything about all my beads and tools and lamps and stuff littering the dining table.
                A room of my own where I could have every thing to hand would be a dream come true

better go and buy a lottery ticket
                sally

Comment

I'm feeling a lot better about my lowly dining table now, lol
                  Ballderdash & Bunting
                  [B]The Ark Man

Comment

I to would like a craft room, so as soon as my eldest daughter moves out to live with her boyfriend, that room is mine !!! lol, but the sad thing is it wont be for a couple of years yet as she is only 19 !!! Unfortunately i might have to share as my husband would like some of the room for his hobby which is brewing beer !!!
                    http://dawn-avril-morning-star.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am very, very lucky as have a sewing room, bedroom no. 3 and a craft room. We had an end on end garage, okay if you had two minis but as only one rather long estate the end was used as a dumping ground, so DH and BIL converted the end of the garage into a workroom for me back in 2008, meets all the building and fire regs, already had house foundations as linked to the house, double glazed window insitu, so bliss could spread out into two rooms. Could do with a third purely for storage of finished products, or am I pushing mu luck here!!!! I do feel for anyone who works in a small area as have to clear up each time and crafting is not tidy.

DH does have a room, the 4th bedroom, well he does not need as much space as me and he has overflowed into the office and has a jukebox in the garden room, so not doing too bad, before everyone thinks he is relegated to a broom cupboard, now there's a thought then I could have his room roomy cupboard at the top of the stairs.....
                      Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 10-09-2010, 09:00 AM.

Comment

AHHH!!! dreamland.
                        I am always scooping up my bits into a storage box and moving them to another room away from little hands.
                        A craft room I could walk out of and leave what I am working on would be fantastic.
                        I dare not look at fabulous craft rooms LOL xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

It can be done - with hard work and determination.

5 1/2 years ago we started on the kitchen table, which then spread all over the house, we then extended the garage.

Earlier this year we moved into a purpose built unit - which now we have bought out another company is looking to small.

We started with minus nothing, still don't have too much as we plough it all back into the business -

And no, our workshop is not that tidy

So follow your dream and make it happen

Jane
                          www.just-soaps.com
                          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Cheer up. You've got something to aim for. At your age I had one sewing box, one tool box and a biscuit tin.
                            I worked my way up to taking over the garage in one house, the biggest spare room in another, 'fraid in this one I'm all over the box room, our bedroom, the dining and living room, the kitchen, the utility room, the workshop, my shed and shhhhhhh I think I popped something into my OH's shed yesterday. Forgot the van! My van's full of stuff as well.
                            Forgot the kitchen. I'm starching ruffs on the cooker, sanding lucets by the toaster and I must get on with oiling the pile of wooden goblets by the microwave.

And I'm still soldering in that original biscuit tin

Onwards and upwards! (Oh....forgot the attic!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Comment

I have a spare bedroom with a metalwork bench and a woodwork bench in it and all associated tools and equipment and use my dining room for my sewing.
                              Now I have to trade it all in for our second baby! Reckon it's a pretty good swap though.
                              We will be emptying the spare bedroom/workshop next weekend and packing it all away and storing it in the loft for a year or so, and the dining room I get to keep for sewing but need to be declutter & be tidier as there will soon be 4 of us to fit around the 'empty'(ish) end of the table at mealtimes.
                              If I have another boy we will be a ble to reclaim the spare bedroom as a workshop in a couple of years when they are old enough to share and if I have a girl ...hmmm... plan B.
                              www.belovedly.co.uk
                              www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
                              www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Working...
                              X