SOS! Can anyone help me please?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS! Can anyone help me please?????

Does anyone know if it is possible to polish out a relatively light scratch on a mirror and if so how do you do it? Usual cloth and glass cleaner isn't enough! I am half way through making this piece and have only just discovered the scratch in the sunlight. Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated. I have already invested a lot of time and effort on this piece and will only be able sell it, if I can as a second!

Close to tears

Anita
    www.raw-elements.co.uk

Oh Anita, I can imagine how you must be feeling I've no personal experience, but I did find this if its of any help?? http://www.ehow.com/how_2120098_remo...om-mirror.html

cj
    www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
    Become a facebook fan
    Check out my blog

Comment

Thank you cj, I am definitely going to give a couple of those ideas a go. It's nice just having a friendly reply. I know it's a mountain out of a mole hill in the scheme of things. I am not very good at letting the small things go.

How are you doing? You always sound very busy. Well done getting the card machine, business is obviously doing well.

Hopefully I'll catch up with you at fair some when soon

Anita
      www.raw-elements.co.uk

Comment

Its hard to see something you've invested so much time in, developing a problem so late into the design. I have it too, some things can be rescued, others end up in the bin. Its really disheartening, especially when I know what work your peices involve.

I've done the card machine as more and more people seem to want to pay that way and I'm now at the stage that I can see I'm losing business.
        I've just invested in an idustrial sewing machine too, so new design idea's are taking shape but they may not be in production until next year!

I'm booked in for Sywell, are you going??

cj
        Become a facebook fan
        Check out my blog

Comment

Yes I am booked in for the Sunday at Sywell. I am also doing Hinchingbrooke House with The Anns next month.

Good luck with your new designs and see you in November!

Anita
          www.raw-elements.co.uk

Comment

Anita if the scratch is on the front of the glass and not the silvering on the back, you can try jewellers rouge and a soft cloth to buff up. Got the odd fine scratch out of glass worktops with this method recommended to me by the glass supplier. Won't work on a scratch you can feel with the tip of your finger though only fine surface ones. Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Oooh just had a thought. I wonder if JML scratch remover would work?? It worked a treat on my car (claims to have all sorts of uses) My car was a dreadful sight after a weeks holiday in a place with narrow roads and tall hedgerows I even used it on a scratch on my daughters laminate floor.

cj
              Become a facebook fan
              Check out my blog

Comment

Thanks Mo and cj. I am in a better mood and got plenty done today. I shall try your ideas. The toothpaste idea on the website didn't work but it really cleaned the mirror beautifully, no smears!

Thanks again

Anita
                www.raw-elements.co.uk

Comment

Glad you're feeling better today. The JML stuff is really good xx
                  Become a facebook fan
                  Check out my blog

Comment

Working...
                  X