Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had any luck with decoupage glue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had any luck with decoupage glue?

Hi all,

I have always used sticky pads for my decoupage but recently bought a card kit from Create and Craft which uses so many of the things that I thought I had better change to glue but don't know where to start.

A tentative search produced many different names and types so I wondered if anyone here had actually used any and if so what types and whether they were any good or not, please?.

Thanks everso, x
    Last edited by fridayschild; 07-09-2010, 12:55 PM.

Nobody gonna help out the new girl, sniff?

Pretty please!

Comment

Hiya new girl hehehe. I've only used foam pads but the 'silicon' glue most people rave about is by Pinflair. I've seen it on the telly, used by many of the well known crafters, such as Joanna Sheen who is pretty picky about what she uses and promotes...it looks very clear and keeps its peaks/height well. You can use it direct from the tube or with a syringe. I think if i were to try out a decoupage glue I'd go for this one too. I think it'd be on the Create and Craft website. Hope this helps. Good luck
      Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

I have only ever used the foam pads also and as Nettie says the Pinflair is the name I also recognise,

Post some of your work when its done though would love to see

Happy "Sticking"

Francesca
        * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
        Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

I have always used sticky pads for my decoupage but recently bought a card kit from Create and Craft which uses so many of the things that I thought I had better change to glue but don't know where to start
          Do you mean that you are using so many foam pads on this kit? If so, can I ask what size foamies you are using?

I use foam pads for just about everything ...I didn't get on with silicone glue, although I'm reliably informed that pinflair is the one to use if you do decide to go that route....but be aware it needs time to dry (up to 24 hours to fully set)

For larger decoupage pieces I use a combination of 2cm wide foam tape and foam pads that are 2.5cm x 1.25cm instead of the small squares. Both are 2mm deep and can be cut down to fit if needed.

For smaller bit or fiddly bits I use the dimensional dots - clear like glue dots but designed for decoupage. To try before you buy, go to these peeps http://www.gluedotsuk.co.uk/Craftsample.html and if you are among the first fifty sample requests of the day you will get a range of their products to try out...at least you can find out if you like them before you shell out any money.

Whatever you decide I hope you will let us know how you get on and maybe show us some of your finished cards. I'm also curious to kow which C&C kit/s you bought and what you think of them

have fun

C

Comment

Hi, thanks for answering everyone.

The kit I have is for fan shaped cards. They have 7 flowers on the front which are all decoupaged. I counted 48 pieces on the one I did! Using 4 or 5 mini pads per piece worked out a an awful lot, lol. I could, perhaps, have used a few larger pads but there were small bits of flower sticking out here and there so mostly mini pads were all that fitted.

I saw the Create and Craft demo on tv and they actually give you enough to decoupage the back of the card as well, which I think was complete overkill so I'm keeping those sheets for another project.

Another reason I wondered about the glue was because I thought maybe the pads made the flowers stick out a bit much. Perhaps I should try normal glue and layer them that way, what do you think?

Comment

If I get decoupage sheets (which I confess is rare because if I want decoupage I tend my make my own) I find that using every element is too much for my tastes - not to mention in practical terms for posting - and I usually use about half on one project and save the other half for use on another.
              Just because it comes in one kit doesn't mean you are restricted to using it as stated - you are free to create...as you craft

Comment

Originally posted by Christa View Post
                If I get decoupage sheets (which I confess is rare because if I want decoupage I tend my make my own) I find that using every element is too much for my tastes - not to mention in practical terms for posting - and I usually use about half on one project and save the other half for use on another.
                Just because it comes in one kit doesn't mean you are restricted to using it as stated - you are free to create...as you craft
                Hi Christa,

Yeah, that's why I decided not to use the ones for the back of the card I mean, who looks at the back of a card anyway? I could use less of the layers I guess but I'm not sure that the 'bits' would be useful elsewhere.

Either way, though, I'd still have to use the same number of pads, whether it was on this card or another.

I have only made up the one from my kit so far and I did it 'on the quick' for my Sister's anniversary so I guess I'll have to take some time to see what I can use and where for the others.

Will def have a look at the pinflair glue though.

Thanks again for your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X