Our Homemade Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Homemade Christmas

Yes yes I know it's only the begining of September but as we have decided on a home-made christmas this year we are making a start. So far we have decided that we are going to make our own door wreath,garlands,xmas decorations,table decorations,table runner and christmassy type things for around the house.
    Also as we want to make christmas as home-made as possible we are aiming for 60=70% or all of our christmas pressies to be handmade.
    This kids are been amazingly helpful as they have already made their lists of who they want to give presents to and what they want to make!! Coconut ice for grandma,iced cookies for grandad,keyrings for friends a bracelet and a make up brush holder for auntie and a suprise for mum and dad!!!!

What have I let myself in for?!!!!
    My Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook

I think this is a brilliant idea - I have already been wracking my brains to think what I can do for handmade pressies this year as I really want to give it a go. Knowing me, I will run out of time and end up battling the Christmas crowds as normal!!

Good luck with your mammoth task - at least you seem to know what you are doing and starting early (unlike me!)
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

I think this is a brilliant idea...I am sure it will be a Happy Christmas for you all

Comment

I love this idea. I have two very small children (2 and 20 weeks) and want to start our own family traditions. I love the idea that all the decorations are hand made. I usually do our wreath myself, but since I am on maternity leave I have time to do a bit more this year. I am going to make our own advent calendar (a wooden one with drawers that we fill with little toys). I am actually just finalising stall holders for a few events I am organising and think I will probably buy quite a few of our Christmas gifts from them. It just kills me when I feel that I have to buy all that garish plastic tat for my daughters.
        Handmade Hannah Blog

Comment

I love the idea of "homemade Christmas" and hubby and I will be doing so as much as we can... granted, we haven't even started to plan that far ahead though lol.

At the moment we're working on stock for our forthcoming craft fairs then after that we can start looking at home decor kinda things

Comment

A lovely idea. It will be fun to get the whole family involved as well.
            Celia
            I can't be creative and tidy too
            www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
            The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
            Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Great idea Emma, I think homemade decorations are so much nicer.
              One of my fellow stallholders makes wreaths and mantelpiece swags and they are gorgeous. She always sells out of them.

Melanie

Comment

Well the kids are nearly finished with their advent calenders the 2 older ones (8 and 5) have made their own and I am making the 20 month olds for him!!

They've made these little boxes that have been constructed using 24 small matchboxes,just enough for a small treat in each. I'm sure our local police station was notified when I bought the 72 boxes of matches from the shop. Glad there weren't any fires in the area around the same time!!
                My Blog
                Twitter
                Facebook

Comment

What a lovely idea I really want to start our own Christmas traditions now- we've got 15 month old twins. We started last year with everyone having a Christmas Eve pressie of new PJs, lol. Not handmade, but a nice tradition all the same! I'm going to make the boys' stockings this year and a fir/holly swag for the mantle piece. Love the idea of doing a table runner too. Post pictures of your progress to keep us all inspired!
                  Ballderdash & Bunting
                  Twitter (Ballderdash & Bunting)
                  [B]The Ark Man
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am Ballderdash, the blog[COLOR=#0000CD]

Comment

I'm in 'bah humbug' mode I'm afraid, off to florida on boxing day!!! selina

Comment

Go for it. I am making all our christmas gifts this year and am on number 5 already. I too am trying to start family traditions as have a nearly 2 yr old and a baby due in Nov. I don't want to start advent calendars yet as he is too young to understand the concept of waiting until tomorrow for the next treat so does anyone have any other ideas?
                      www.belovedly.co.uk
                      www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
                      www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Fantastic I love the idea of involving the whole family, my mum still has xmas decorations I made over 30 years ago. Hopefully I will have a bit more time ( a no broken arm!!) this year so I can do the same
                        Karen
                        www.angelicfolk.co.uk
                        Bespoke clothing for your little angels
                        http://angelicfolk.etsy.com
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/angelic.folk?ref=profile

Comment

this sounds like an amazing idea. I hope all goes well. You are probably right starting early as it does take time.

Louise
                          Website www.misslucylu.co.uk

Comment

What a great idea! I bet you'll all have loads of fun
                            Ayla Jewellery: www.aylajewellery.co.uk
                            Folksy: http://www.folksy.com/shops/AylaJewellery
                            Misi: http://www.misi.co.uk/shop_info.php?...=aylajewellery

Comment

This is such a good idea!
                              I tried to do all handmade gifts cards etc last year and ran out of time because i work in a christmas grotto too.. so im gonig to start early this year!
                              Our family tradition is us and our cousins visit our grandparents house near to xmas and we all make sweets, like coconut ice and peppermint creams to give as xmas pressies for the family! They go down so well as we package them all up in niceboxes with cellophane.
                              I love xmas!
                              hollytree

www.hollytreedesigns.blogspot.com

http://twitter.com/hollytree024

Comment

Working...
                              X