No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your cardboard boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy your cardboard boxes?

Now there's a title to encourage the spammers

I've run out of a specific size of box and need to order some more but my usual supplier doesn't do this size. I could order them from the place I originally got them from but the shipping cost is just silly so I wondered if you could all let me know where you buy your cardboard/postal boxes from?

I can have a quick look at all those recommended and hopefully some will do the size I'm after.

Thanks all
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

We use http://www.davpack.co.uk we do pass there once a month so pick up our order to save on delivery charges.

Find them very quick and friendly

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
      We use http://www.davpack.co.uk we do pass there once a month so pick up our order to save on delivery charges.

Find them very quick and friendly

Jane
      Ahhhh how annoying, we got back from a long weekend away yesterday.....and were staying about 5-10 miles away from them!!!

Still, they are now on my list as their min order and delivery charge are slighly better.

Anyone else?

Comment

I was going to mention davpack. I've used them before for jiffy bags. Viking Direct do boxes too, and their very quick delivery is free for orders over £30.
        Celia
        I can't be creative and tidy too
        www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
        The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
        Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Never bought any new cardboard boxes in my long and illustrious crafting career. I have always recycled used ones or used padded envelopes which you can get in quite large sizes these days. LC

Comment

]I can only recycle to a point as I send out far more parcels than I receive and jiffys don't always protect items enough.

Will take a look at Viking but I tend to use them only in emergencies cos they usually work out quite expensive. Looking for somewhere with a min spend of about £50 if possible as it's only this size box I need to restock on at the moment.

Comment

I have just had some delivered today, from mm_world on ebay, I think they have a website as well, Lovely sturdy boxes and fast delivery. I have used them before and have always been pleased.
              sally

ps. no minimum I only bought a few of the ones I had run out of
              Last edited by just sally; 06-09-2010, 05:06 PM. Reason: added a ps

Comment

Sorry can't help as I recycle boxes, I get loads from shops etc and cut them to size. For the sort of thing that I make it's OK but I doubt if it'd work for things like jewellery etc.

pete
                "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                Facebook

Website

Comment

I've always got mine from ebay, username- packagingproducts
                  www.debbiehowe.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...52781658101133

Comment

My ganes and puzzles are all different sizes, and I have found it almost impossible to obtain boxes which are the correct size, to hold the item without having to put in extra packaging to stop them bouncing around.
                    I now get decent strong white card, and make my own. It works out at between 25 and 30p a box, so, to me, it is worth the bit of time involved, to get something my item fits neatly into.

cheers
                    John
                    www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by debbie-howe View Post
                      I've always got mine from ebay, username- packagingproducts
                      Perfect!!! They do the right size at a decent price and low P&P

Comment

They are really good sellers. I've been using them for a couple of years and they deliver really quickly. Postage costs are great. I always make sure I do a big order and then I hardly notice P&P costs.
                        I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
                        www.debbiehowe.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...52781658101133

Comment

Originally posted by debbie-howe View Post
                          They are really good sellers. I've been using them for a couple of years and they deliver really quickly. Postage costs are great. I always make sure I do a big order and then I hardly notice P&P costs.
                          I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
                          Definitely wasn't disappointed Debbie! I ordered some bubble wrap as well as the boxes in the end and they arrived very quickly, free P&P too so that was a bonus. Have them now saved on my favourites

Comment

We use asc cartons. They have a box making option.
                            You can specify the size that you need and they make them up pretty quickly.
                            http://www.asc-cartons.co.uk/box_builder.asp
                            www.imaginediy.com

Comment

Working...
                            X