Car boot madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car boot madness

Got some brilliant buys today at a local car boot - some absolute bargains on material. This is the first time i have needed material for my crafts. I had looked in charity shops but found it all quite expensive so someone suggested a car boot. Wasnt convinced i would have much luck and envisaged just buying dodgy pairs of curtains. Instead I got some lovely lengths of beautiful fabric for just £1 and 50p each. Im over the moon with them, and almost makes up for the traffic problems getting out - 1 hour stuck in the car trying to get out of a field in the worlds bigeest queue!!!! Oh well you have to take the highs with the lows. Hope everyone else has had a good day x
    www.paperherts.co.uk

Glad to hear of your car boot success... I've not been to a car boot sale in years but know of many people who have loads of success bargain hunting at them. Hope you have loads of fun with your new goodies

Comment

I used to sell at carboots saturdays and sundays and would buy a lot of stock at them. You would have to get up very early to get a good pitch. I quite enjoyed it and all the haggling and gave me a flair for selling and presentation which made me very successful on the craft show circuit. I bought and sold just about anything you can think of. My last purchases were a Claud Butler bike for £10 and a Qualcast roller push lawnmower with grass box for £5.00. I used to sell a lot of vacuum cleaners and my nickname was hooverman. Happy days and glad you got some bargains

Comment

I got the best fabric lot ever at a car boot - I walked past this stall and there was a massive roll of really nice flowery fabric - must've been 10m - and I asked how much it was and nearly fainted when they said £1! I sold about half of it on Ebay for quite a bit more than I paid and then kept the rest. I even got someone e-mailing me with a photo of what they made with it - how sweet! A good buy all round :-)

Find what you want to do and then do it with all your heart.

Comment

Oh well done, everyone loves a real bargain. You will have to post your makes. Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
          X