How Not to Promote Yourself !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Not to Promote Yourself !

I've just received this Email from someone trying to promote their new business! I'm thinking of offering a prize for who can spot the most mistakes (prize will be a pic and mix sweet)

Hi, I am an independent company that is starting up in the children enterainment field, JPR-Kidz-charactors, within the East Midlands.

I am looking to offer you some of the above costumes to support your fundraising event, all my staff are CRB checked, who will offer a top class proffesional service.

The macots can run a raffel with prizes and any profits from can be donated to you direct, in return i can bring my mobile pic and mix sweet stand and sell sweets.

I also have a large collection of bouncy castles that can be hired out at a reduced price, and can run a number of arts and craft activities such as tiara making.

I hope i can work with you in supporting your organisation.

Please feel free to contact me on the number below.

Regards

Kate
    www.cuckoos-nest-fairs.co.uk

Oh my, can I work with them too.... lol

cj
    www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
    Become a facebook fan
    Check out my blog

Comment

I gather you are not keen on having Macots raffel-ing around at your fundraising then? LOL

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by Cuckoo's Nest View Post
        I've just received this Email from someone trying to promote their new business! I'm thinking of offering a prize for who can spot the most mistakes (prize will be a pic and mix sweet)

Hi, I am an independent company that is starting up in the children enterainment field, JPR-Kidz-charactors, within the East Midlands.

I am looking to offer you some of the above costumes to support your fundraising event, all my staff are CRB checked, who will offer a top class proffesional service.

The macots can run a raffel with prizes and any profits from can be donated to you direct, in return i can bring my mobile pic and mix sweet stand and sell sweets.

I also have a large collection of bouncy castles that can be hired out at a reduced price, and can run a number of arts and craft activities such as tiara making.

I hope i can work with you in supporting your organisation.

Please feel free to contact me on the number below.

Regards

I wonder where they got their degree in English:-)
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hope the raffel went well. Reminds me of when I received the plague for the best stand at a show

Comment

Amazing how these people can still send stuff like this in the day of spell checkers! I remember a children's writing competition advert in a magazine which had at best three spelling mistakes in it and at worst I counted around 12! And what really made me laugh is that they would correct the mistakes from one month in the following month's advert and put new ones in there!! Perhaps it was a test for all the little kiddies who may be thinking of entering!!

Reading through this comedy of errors, I would be worried what the 'mobile pic and mix stall' would actually be selling!! I know it says sweets but with the spelling and grammar in the rest of the message, that could really mean anything!

Can you imagine the signage that would come along with the macots to promote their raffel.

So, I guess you won't be taking them up on their offer then???
            AliCat
            Last edited by AliCat; 30-06-2010, 09:30 AM.
            Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
            Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
            Follow me on Twitter:
            @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Spellingmistakes or just bad grammar...?

Hello!
              How I laughed when I read your message...! How can anybody send an e-mail with so many spellingmistakes to anyone...? I just wonder

LoL,
              Pia from Sweden
              No homepage yet...

Comment

Thats brilliant, it's cheered me up no end on a grumpy morning
                --Matt

Web Development
                Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Oh darn it, I never meant to hit the 'send' button

Lol made me laugh!

Pauline
                  Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

But it's not just the spelling is it. The punctuation is doubtful and the grammer is dreadful. Haha Pauline, I bet we all checked the spelling twice this time before pressing the 'send' button.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by wood-u-like View Post
                      Hope the raffel went well. Reminds me of when I received the plague for the best stand at a show
                      hehe!! like that one!!

cj
                      www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
                      Become a facebook fan
                      Check out my blog

Comment

Originally posted by wood-u-like View Post
                        Hahaha lucky you, I bet all the other stall holders were sooooooo jealous
                        Karen
                        www.angelicfolk.co.uk
                        Bespoke clothing for your little angels
                        http://angelicfolk.etsy.com
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/angelic.folk?ref=profile

Comment

Originally posted by AliCat View Post
                          So, I guess you won't be taking them up on their offer then???
                          Errrrm. . . . . No.

Normally I would just ignore it, but I did actually reply and asked how they could justify being 'proffesional' with a promotional email that contained so many basic errors, and so little care taken.

i have'nt had no reply yet.
                          Kate
                          www.cuckoos-nest-fairs.co.uk

Comment

ROFL!!!

Gosh, I'm stunned they haven't replied! Perhaps they are sitting there trying to work out what mistakes you are talking about! (I now have visions of someone sitting infront of your e-mail with their head bobbing back and forth between the screen and the pages of a massive, oversized dictionary!)
                            Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                            Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                            Follow me on Twitter:
                            @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

I'm amazed you didn't take up their offer - it would be worth having them at your event just to watch the Bouncy Castles running the arts and crafts activities and making Tiara's...they have to have the most uniquest UNIQUE SELLING POINT in the world...
                              for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                              plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                              Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Working...
                              X