father's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• father's day

are you making anything special for father's day (for your own or for sale)? i seem to be having a rush on cufflinks!

is it me, or is it harder to make things for the guys?
    Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
    Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

I find men are always difficult .....to buy for! LOL.

I'm not surprised you've a run on your cufflinks, they are gorgeous.

I'm look for some nice fabric to make a tie out for DH and my youngest boy is going to cover a plain page A5 book for his Dad. Eldest boy will get him some chocolate!!
    Annette

Comment

I'll be making a card for my dad (and my dad in law I expect!) but I'm not giving a gift this year. My dad can be a miserable bugger.....
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Oh I've got one of those too, Swirly - yes he only gets a card!
        Annette

Comment

My Dads birthday is a few days before Fathers Day so I usually get him something bigger as a joint pressie.

I make photo frames and plaques etc for Fathers Day gifts and list them on E-Bay and they always fly out, will put some more on over the weekend on a 3 day listing or something. Always do some for Grandads too. Would actually say that and Mothers Day are the busiest times on E-Bay for me!
          Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

When is fathers day?
            https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Don't quote me but I think it is the 17th June.

My dad will get a card and a bottle of whiskey (yeah pure dead original). He is a bugger to buy for - what do you need - nothing - what do you want - nothing - really helpful!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Cufflinks went well for me too last yr...always a good seller. . .just made some platinum ones

Made my Dad one of my new garden sculptures...forged steel with my glass....he has had his eye on one for some time so think he will like it.

Think Dads are hard to buy for but mine has green fingers so anything to do with gardening and im in extra gold points for me

Mind you - if I made him an apple pie and wrapped it he would be just as happy. . . clotted cream or hot with ice cream? mmmmm
                Debbie
                www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                  Don't quote me but I think it is the 17th June.

My dad will get a card and a bottle of whiskey (yeah pure dead original). He is a bugger to buy for - what do you need - nothing - what do you want - nothing - really helpful!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

There all the same Lisa....my dad asked for anything garden wise last yr..anything green he said!!
                  So I got a bag full of smarties and sorted out the green ones and filled an empty smartie tube with them and gave him them!!!
                  Well, they were green!
                  Debbie
                  www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Wow!

Zebra, just had a look at your website. I want to order it all, I think it might be time to speak nicely to my husband and his credit card!

Sam
                    jasmines-cards.co.uk
                    Crafts ~ Scrapbooking ~ Weddings

Comment

I've made cards for both of mine but I suspect it'll be choccies again this year!!!!

Comment

Well, its just my dad so its all my effort into that and the kids will make him a card each at Nursery so plenty of glitter and sticky bits!

I've had a really good run this last week on Fathers Day Cards to the point that the one I was saving for my dad got sold not sure how I managed that, but looks like I'll have to make him one!!

Cufflinks?.... My dad is not that kinda guy, but my brother has some lovely suits (due to his job) and mixes in some very exclusive circles (again job), so I think cufflinks for Crimbo...

Comment

Originally posted by sugarandspicecrafts View Post
                          Well, its just my dad so its all my effort into that and the kids will make him a card each at Nursery so plenty of glitter and sticky bits!

I've had a really good run this last week on Fathers Day Cards to the point that the one I was saving for my dad got sold not sure how I managed that, but looks like I'll have to make him one!!

Cufflinks?.... My dad is not that kinda guy, but my brother has some lovely suits (due to his job) and mixes in some very exclusive circles (again job), so I think cufflinks for Crimbo...
                          I think Fathers day is much more fun when the children are younger...mine used to love all that glue-glitter and sticky stuff.....Dad looked like a glam rock star after opening the cards!

Hubby not into cufflinks - so made him a funky dish to hold all his loose change/keys etc
                          Debbie
                          www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy Potter View Post
                            Wow!

Zebra, just had a look at your website. I want to order it all, I think it might be time to speak nicely to my husband and his credit card!

Sam
                            Thanks Sam nice of you to say so. If you ever purchase anything on my site let me know.....Always some discount or a freebee for anyone on the forum.

Choccys - well, my hubby would just love a huge box or bar or whatever, he is a choccy addict! but never puts on an ounze!
                            Maybe a chocolate card?? Hey, cool idea
                            Debbie
                            www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

I will just be making some cards using fathers day backing paper and origami mens shirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X