Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing help?

Hia!

I need some advice on the pricing of a new product i am trying out.

I've made some handmade cards and attached either earrings or a bracelet. The jewellery is hand made by me and it comes in a little box with tissue paper for presentation.

I usually charge about £3 for earrings and £4 - £6 for a bracelet. How much do card makers sell their cards for? Mine aren't the best cards but they are good enough (i think......)

So, how much do people think?

Laura
    Beyond Beads
    Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Hmm, I think the earrings are the main focus, but the card is a new and exciting/interesting way to sell/display them so poeple will find them appealing.
    So you need to charge more than you would for just earrings.
    How about £4.50?
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

My thoughts exactly!

I'm still struggling with the bracelet ones. They need to be more than earrings so i was thinking £6.........?

I dunno..........
      Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Depending on the size of the card and how much they cost to make. If they are c6 (qtr of an A4), i would add about £1.50 to the original price of the jewellery. If the cards are bigger with a lot of work involved then i would say between £2-2.50 on top of jewellery price.

Remember these will be bought for someone as a gift, therefore you are saving them having to buy a seperate card which could cost a lot more from a shop, so don't feel shy in charging them for it.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
          so don't feel shy in charging them for it.
          I agree.Beleive in your product.If the price is too high and people dont buy you can always lower it.
          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Wot a good idea!!
            I agree that people will be buying these as a gift for someone so i would think £5.00 wouldn't be out of the way for the earrings card but a bracelet you could charge about £7.50?
            If you think how much you normally spend on someones birthday that would be a really good little pressie.
            I'm sure they will sell well!!
            http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks everyone!

The cards are c6 so say £3 + £1.50 for the card (the boxes were 20p each too) so £4.50 or £5.00 should be about right for earrings. I'm still not sure about the braclets.......i'm thinking between £6 & £7 but not sure......

I'll post some pics when i get home (if i'm not too embarrased!)

Laura
              Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
                Depending on the size of the card and how much they cost to make. If they are c6 (qtr of an A4), i would add about £1.50 to the original price of the jewellery. If the cards are bigger with a lot of work involved then i would say between £2-2.50 on top of jewellery price.

Remember these will be bought for someone as a gift, therefore you are saving them having to buy a seperate card which could cost a lot more from a shop, so don't feel shy in charging them for it.
                i totaly agree with eme
                proud mum 0f 8 years girl ..3 boys and wife for kind lovley corgi man. .

Comment

Hi Laura

I have some cards with Hair Bands, Mobile Phone Charms and Bag Charms all attached they are boxed and I sell them for £6 - £6.50 they are 1/2 A4 size whatever that is.

I think your pricing is on the right track - and the bracelet one would need to be more expensive as the jewellery item is more expensive.

Looking forward to seeing them tomorrow.

See ya
                  Willowmax
                  Handcrafted Cards for Special Occassions
                  www.willowmaxdesign.com

email - [email protected]

Comment

Pricing

Originally posted by BeyondBeads View Post
                    Hia!

I need some advice on the pricing of a new product i am trying out.

I've made some handmade cards and attached either earrings or a bracelet. The jewellery is hand made by me and it comes in a little box with tissue paper for presentation.

I usually charge about £3 for earrings and £4 - £6 for a bracelet. How much do card makers sell their cards for? Mine aren't the best cards but they are good enough (i think......)

So, how much do people think?

Laura
                    Your necklaces and bracelets are very nice, i had a look, but i didn`t see any cards so i couldn`t comment on them.

Comment

Working...
                    X