Craft parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft parties

I'm thinking about organising a craft party type thing at my house one evening. Does anybody do this kind of thing and does it work?

I sell jewellery. Do you think it would be good if i got another crafter or a virgin/body shop etc rep to come as well to add variety. Or will that take people's interest away from my stuff?!!

Laura
    Beyond Beads
    Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Sounds like a great idea to me Laura. I have been thinking of doing one for a while and started a thread on it a few months ago. In case you haven't seen it the thread is:

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...=craft+parties

Hope this helps
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks Kate!

I'm too much of a wimp to hold one at someone else's house where you have to talk to strangers!!! God forbid!

Was just thinking that it might be a nice idea to try something at home with friends and family etc. It seems like a good idea as when pople come they quite often ask to see my stuff and will buy something so if i had a whole party type thing.........

I'm just not sure if my jewellery alone will be enough to make people feel comfortable coming. I don't want people to feel they HAVE to buy if they don't want to!

Laura
      Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

My friend who makes jewellery and jellery making kits has held a few parties at both her house and friend's and relatives houses. These have generally gone well. One thing with a party is that you don't have the competition you have a craft fairs (e.g. other beaders in your case).
        I think people may feel more inclined to buy as well if they have been 'invited' to a party.

My friends has done pure jewellery and that's worked but I'm sure a combination would go down well too. Do you know anyone else who could do the party with you? Tell you what, why don't you display the mirror your mum bought from me, so people can use it when trying on???!!! Hehehehe!!!!

Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Good plan!

Bob was trying to get me to buy a mirror from you for my stand (and cuz he wants it!). How do you make them stand up? I'd be too worried about someone breaking it at a fair i think! Could you make a free standing type one?

I don't really know anyone that makes anything that's the trouble....maybe i'll make a load of cards too.........................

Hmmm.......
          Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

I think you could do one with just jewellery, although if you do any other crafts you could include these as well. I know my friend did well on the ones she did. Although if yo want to make a it a regular thing you may need to start doing them at other people's houses, otherwise yo run out of people to invite each time!

I use large plate stands to stand my mirrors up. I was only joking about you using one but if you want to I would be happy to oblige. Not sure about make a free standing one - will look into it!
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

That's true - I just don't have enough friends!!!

I'm very interested, my mirror at the mo is just not right - If you could do a free standing one that'd be brill! If not i'll have to think about how safe it would be on just a stand type thing.......
              Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

I will look into the mirror - could be a new range!!! How big would you want it? When are you think of having the party (i.e. before or after your fair?). Would you be ok with displaying my leaflets and business cards, should someone like the mirror and want to place an order / see more of what I do? Thanks Laura!
                Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Of course, i'd use it at all my events and would pop some cards or soemthing next to it.

Ideally i think a rectangular mirror would be the best idea - Prob about 7 - 8" wide and however tall! Prob with two layers of mosaic in black and.....purples.....? Any idea how much that's likely to cost me?
                  Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondBeads View Post
                    Any idea how much that's likely to cost me?
                    Nothing Laura - you can have it as it's free advertising for me.
                    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Don't be silly! You at least have to cover your costs and time! Let me know what you can do! I'm excited i want it now!!!!
                      Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Hello, if i could butt in about the jewellery parties.....
                        These are a great way to sel your stuff,
                        Put on the invites that its a shopping/open/evening/day, and the times, ie 10-4 or 6-10 that way people will come at their leisure and not feel pressured to a time.
                        When setting out your jewellery it's a good plan to just use your house as the display... instead of just having one table in a room for people to look at it's a lot more relaxed if you display the jewellery in different room, set out little displays on your coffee tables/mantle pieces/bannisters drape the jewellery over your picture frames mirrors etc. This way people can just wander around and they don't feel pressured into it which can be a bit awkward.
                        Then you can wander round, have a few nibbles and drinks etc but it's not a formal thing like virgin vie where you have a speech to do!!!
                        This has worked for me and i know a few people who have done it with other crafts....
                        http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondBeads View Post
                          Don't be silly! You at least have to cover your costs and time! Let me know what you can do! I'm excited i want it now!!!!
                          Ok, if your sure. I will charge the cost price only then. Do you want different shades of purple with black dotted in? Any white in it?
                          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I just realised that i hijacked my own thread!!! Tehe!

Thanks for the advice! I think i'm gonna go for it for sure. Draping it everywhere sounds like a good plan - i'll just have to make sure i only invite people i trust! As long as i don't have to make any kind of speech i'll be fine!!!!

Laura
                            Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post
                              Ok, if your sure. I will charge the cost price only then. Do you want different shades of purple with black dotted in? Any white in it?
                              Ooo, i don't know.......you're the expert!!!! Yeah, i think some white will brighten it up. Whatever you do i'm sure it will look lovely!

I'll owe you one for sure so if you need anything......

Laura
                              Beyond Beads

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X