My 1st attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st attempt

........ at making cracked candles. The orange one on the right has more cracks in it but the camera didn't pick them up very well.

It is just the surface of the candle that is cracked (not the whole way through cause that would be silly and pretty dangerous).

I am getting together a range of rustic candles and I have must poured my first everlasting candle and will show you that when I am finished (probably made a right pigs ear of it).

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

They look great, well done.

Comment

I like the purple one
      www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
      for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
      www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
      craftyaddicts blog site
      www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
      My personal blog
      http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

The purple one smells of Chanel No. 5 and is gorgeous (even if I say so my self).

Thanks for the comments guys.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Cool Channel No5 is a favourite of mine.
          I've never seen candles that smell of an actual perfume before.
          I'm only allowed candles that come in their own holder, ie those big yankie candles in the glass jars.
          Thats because i put a candle in a metal holder once and sat it on the record player, the metal holder got hot, melted the record player lid, candle holder tipped over, wax everywhere, on fire with said record player.
          Ooooooops....
          http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Big ooopppssss there!!! Best bit of advice I could give is always burn on a candle holder/plate and don't for gods sake sit it on anything plastic - hot flame, melt down, melt plastic, big mess, maybe even big fire!!!

You just showed your age there by calling it a record player - vinyl I take it?

Bowed Over
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Good old Vinyl,

Yep and it wasn't that long ago either, about 2 years ago! we are just old fashioned at heart.
              Claimed on the insurance and bought a replacement, hubbie still plays his Led Zeplin LPs!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                Cool Channel No5 is a favourite of mine.
                I've never seen candles that smell of an actual perfume before.
                I'm only allowed candles that come in their own holder, ie those big yankie candles in the glass jars.
                Thats because i put a candle in a metal holder once and sat it on the record player, the metal holder got hot, melted the record player lid, candle holder tipped over, wax everywhere, on fire with said record player.
                Ooooooops....

Haha uh oh!! I did a very simliar thing once (when i was very young and silly) i decided it would be a great idea to revise by candlelight and put tealights all over the tv... lit them... not on anything but the tv.....next i think i know flames everywhere. hole in the tv.... i thought it would be a good idea to put it out with tea as well.... haha oh dear.

Love the candles though Lisa! Even better if they smell of chanel no.5!!
                eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
                www.buttonberry.com
                www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
                buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Just to be nosy, how do you get them to smell of Channel?? Surely you dont use the actual perfume that would be a bit expensive??
                  Is it a trade secret???

Oh thanks for the advice, never put it on anything plastic.....
                  NOW you tell me!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                    Just to be nosy, how do you get them to smell of Channel?? Surely you dont use the actual perfume that would be a bit expensive??
                    Is it a trade secret???

Oh thanks for the advice, never put it on anything plastic.....
                    NOW you tell me!!!!!!
                    No trade secret. Just Fragrance Oils for candles. I get them from America (cause sorry to say they are far better than those produced on home shores I'm afraid).

Have to be really careful what you put in a candle as if you use perfum and the like not specifically designed for candles you can end up with one might big flaming candle (I mean literally flaming candle the whole thing will turn into one big wick!!).

And believe it or not the Fragrance Oils you us in candles are a whole lot more expensive than perum - I think this is because it is pure oil (i.e. not mixed with anything else).

Anyway here endeth the lesson - are you still awake!!!

cheers

Lisa
                    Bowed Over
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

They Look Cracking!

'Scuse the pun......The purple one is a lovely rich colour. But peach is making a comeback though.

We were given a music centre with a turn table a few years ago, so I dug out my singles collection. The Jam, The Police, Duran Duran, The Cure...all those, and lots from the late seventies. My first single, bought to go on my very first (swing arm) record played was Blondie's Heart of Glass....oh dear, those were the days!

Anyhoo, put the records on, and my kids and cats were amazed! The cats were getting dizzy watching the records go around and the kids were just gobsmacked at the archaicness of the whole palaver! When I changed speeds and put ELO (electric blue vinyl too!) on, they wanted to know how you could program the tracks you wanted and thought it hysterical when I picked up the stylus and put it down on the next trackline.....

Actually, I find it hard to believe that these warped black things were the height of home entertainment sophistication now too....

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts
                      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I know Jules, I remember manys the party were you have the LP's out and the drink flows, the albums get scattered and the next day you find all your albums scratched (more than likely from the high heels of some drunk person - more than likely me). Nothing worse than Duran Duran skipping when you are trying to listen to Wild Boys or even worse god forbid - scratch my Wham album!!!!

My very first single was Kim Wilde, Checkered Love (not even kids in america!!!)

lol

Lisa
                        Bowed Over
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I love candals and the colour orange to.
                          Mollymandy

Comment

Working...
                          X