Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow on...

.... from Claim to fame.

Because I make charity candles for Cancer Research they asked me to do a talk on how I make the candles and how I got involved with Cancer Research. I went on Friday - was absolutely bricking myself because I have never spoken in front of so many people before (about 100) but it went well and in half an hour I had sold 40 charity candles which meant I could dontate £50.00 to Cancer Research UK.

The whole night was brilliant and everybody there made me feel really welcome and were so generous I couldn't believe it. Cancer Research have asked me if I would do some more wee talks for them and I think I will - just need to get over the talking jitters first.

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Well done thats brill, i envy you for being able to stand in front of all those people and do a talk, i could never do that.
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

Cool!

That's really great!

Well done you!

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts
      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Well done Lisa. That's a great thing you're doing, a wonderful cause.
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Well done on overcoming your nervousness. I'm sure that the more talks you do the easier it will get.

Never had the nerve to do talks myself, so I really do admire your courage.

Comment

Well done..im so pleased for you .........100 people-gulp..YOUR BRAVE

Heres to a long lasting and profitable business.
            Debbie
            www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

that's brill. If you get really comfortable with this, you could always put out feelers about doing paid talks for other non-charity groups.....
              Mary
              www.somata.co.uk
              www.stitchnglass.co.uk
              www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
              www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                that's brill. If you get really comfortable with this, you could always put out feelers about doing paid talks for other non-charity groups.....
                I was absolutely terrified thought I would have a heart attach right there and then so don't think I could but who knows!! Need to go on a self assertiveness/confidence course I think.

Thanks for all the comments.

Lisa
                Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X