eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay

Does anyone else get really annoyed when people can't be bothered to reply to email sent to them about items they are selling on eBay?

I want to buy some earring posts from someone, but i have tried twice to ask them a question and they don't seem to be interested in answering. I'm reluctant to buy without them contacting me back.

Is it just me that has this problem?

Gemma x

Hi Gemma

Sadly, it does happen - most of the time people on Ebay are only too happy to reply. Could be they are out of Ebay/email contact, possibly unwell. Have you checked their feedback to see what their communication rating is? If good, there is possibly a very genuine reason for not replying to you. Might be worth going through the process of obtaining their telephone number - although not sure if this only applies if you have bought/sold something to an Ebay person, rather than just enquiring about something.

Good luck

Jill
    One craft project, like one cookie, is never enough!

http://christmaspiecrafts.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: @jillspain
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristmasPieCrafts

Comment

I know exactly what you mean, I sometikes feel people can't be bothered if it is only for something small, but all those small things add up and they probably lost money by not replying iyswim.

Like pp says could be a genuine reason. It is the weekend and they may have gone Christmas shopping or something.

If I don't get a reply back after a few messages, I try someone else and they have then lost my business however big/small it is.
      http://www.folksy.com/shops/GothicFusion
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Got...28851500470172
      http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/missie_miss/
      Jaci-Ann

Comment

I wouldn't buy from them in principle. There are loads of sellers out there who do want your business, I think I have at least 20 good bead and findings sellers in my ebay. They are all excellent and all reply to my questions in less than 24 hrs, as do I when someone asks me a question. Selina

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
          I wouldn't buy from them in principle. There are loads of sellers out there who do want your business, I think I have at least 20 good bead and findings sellers in my ebay. They are all excellent and all reply to my questions in less than 24 hrs, as do I when someone asks me a question. Selina
          In spite of my comments above, I do agree with Selina - if I use Ebay for 'card things', I do tend to stick with the tried and tested sellers.

Jill
          Last edited by JKS; 29-11-2009, 03:12 PM.
          One craft project, like one cookie, is never enough!

http://christmaspiecrafts.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: @jillspain
          http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristmasPieCrafts

Comment

hiya

thanks for your replies and comments

Most people i buy from are really good, its just the odd few that let it down. I'll have to look elsewhere for the same item i think.

Gemma x

Comment

Originally posted by gemmaslittletreasures View Post
              hiya

thanks for your replies and comments

Most people i buy from are really good, its just the odd few that let it down. I'll have to look elsewhere for the same item i think.

Gemma x
              And that is their loss Gemma, you will find another seller, but if they keep ignoring their prospective buyers they will also lose them too. Selina

Comment

How long have you been waiting for a reply?

Pete
                "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                Facebook

Website

Comment

I first emailed them Friday afternoon

Comment

That is too long IMHO go somewhere else.

Pete
                    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                    Facebook

Website

Comment

In their defence, if they run a business and don't work at weekends then they might not see your email until Monday.

I get a copy of ebay messages on my private email address, but if the answer is not straightforward, ie I need to check the item, etc, then I can't answer till I'm back in the office on Monday. I actually tend to reply to messages all at once, hence a delay for some messages.

Just my 2p. What happened to me once was when a seller wrote to me on Saturday, bank holiday weekend, I was away and she had sent a second rather nasty email on Monday morning because I hadn't replied to the first one. My first opportunity to reply had been on the evening of the Bank Holiday monday.....

Like people have said, they might not be able to reply till tomorrow.
                      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                        That is too long IMHO go somewhere else.

Pete
                        Absolutely agrees.
                        I Melt Glass For a Living
                        Website

Comment

Thanks for that Bea. I did email them friday afternoon, but i guess some people still may still have 'poets' days, so keeping fingers crossed they email tomorrow.

Originally posted by Bea View Post
                          In their defence, if they run a business and don't work at weekends then they might not see your email until Monday.

I get a copy of ebay messages on my private email address, but if the answer is not straightforward, ie I need to check the item, etc, then I can't answer till I'm back in the office on Monday. I actually tend to reply to messages all at once, hence a delay for some messages.

Just my 2p. What happened to me once was when a seller wrote to me on Saturday, bank holiday weekend, I was away and she had sent a second rather nasty email on Monday morning because I hadn't replied to the first one. My first opportunity to reply had been on the evening of the Bank Holiday monday.....

Like people have said, they might not be able to reply till tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X