Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To make stock lamps or not!......

Hello,
    As you probably know my focus is on personalised lamps but the other day someone was saying to me that I should do some 'stock lamps' that people can buy at my fair and take away on the day.

I am happy to do these a bit cheaper as I don't have to get hold of the images etc but I would still need to sell them for £19.00. Someone was interested in one of the butterfly ones I had on show the other day so I can do that one and also a Daisy one. But the think is I don't want to make a load and not sell any as then I won't be able to make money from them.

I kind of think that the appeal is that they are personalised and don't know whether there will be enough appeal for one on the day (I have 2 fairs before Christmas).

Advice please!!

Emma.
    Photo Lamps - Light up your photos!
    My website: www.PhotoLampsByEmma.co.uk

This is the butterfly one...

Comment

Oh no...sorry it came out so big

Comment

Can you change the background easily? I'm thinking that you could make two or three of each ready for the first fair. Each with different background colours as a test then what doesn't sell at the first will still be available for the next. I think they will prove popular especially as we are getting closer to Christmas and people want to walk away with a gift rather than having to wait. The butterfly is beautiful
        Cheers,

Chris

http://www.blossom-crafts.co.uk
        http://www.wowthankyou.co.uk/blossom-crafts
        http://www.blossomcrafts.blogspot.com

Comment

I think your USP (unique selling point) is the personalization of the lamp, and people are happy to pay for this. At £19 you will restrict the number of impulse purchasers of a non-personalised lamp because buyers will have other options at this price.
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

I think you could have - pick a number 3? 5? - ready made ones similar to those already admired or new artistic creations, and look on them as adverts. Don't expect them to sell but if they do make another one to replace it as and when.

Works for me. I buy/make 5 new things. If they sell I buy 10 more if they sell then it's 20. A couple of things I now regularly make by the 100s. Other thinks languish by the wayside but I haven't wasted much time or money on them and sales of the popular things cover my losses.

Just thinking - you sound like you'd get bored quickly. I'd make everything you do new and different. Not the same USP as personalised but still a valid one.

AnnieAnna

Comment

Working...
            X