Fragile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fragile

Do any of you lovely peeps put the word 'fragile' on your posted envelopes with your goodies in?

It popped into my head the other night, just wondered if a postman seeing that word on the envelope has any positive effect.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

I write Fragile and Please do not bend all over the envelope (front and back). Don't know whether it makes any difference to the postie however I have never had anything broken at the other end.

All the best.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Ive had some sample boxes sent to me and some were a bit crushed, not entirely but it shows what could happen.
      The goodies would be in a box in a bubble envelope.

Mayeb if I got a rubber stamp made with 'Please dont squish me!' written on it do you think it would work?
      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

That would be a thought. I tend to wrap my candles in bubble wrap then put them in a bubble envelope and right all over it Fragile etc!

I suppose though if you are sending parcels special delivery you will be insured (up to a limit) for any damage done. (That's what I tend to do then if the ham fisted sods at the post office drop it or stand on it - they break it, they pay for it).

All the best.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

For Fragile....

......read 'football'.....this was on one of those undercover documentaries about Royal Mail a while back.

I have to say I have only ever had one really bad problem with RM. I paid huge amounts to have an 18 by 12 inch ceramic tile delivered. Special handling for china/ceramics, special delivery etc.

The tile was wrapped in bubblewrap, bolstered with shedloads of polystyrene - wrapped & packed within an inch of it's life. And....

......It got there in absolute smithereens. It was insured so I claimed for it. Royal Mail sent me a business envelope, in order to put the pieces inside and return it for their inspection. I'm the sender, I don't have the pieces - the recepient has the pieces. RM what do I do? Send the envelope to the recepient, get her to send us the pieces...

I did that. This all took so long that the recepient had been busy with her super glue. But she had taken photos of the tile pieces before reassembling them, will those do? No.....they won't. RM said they would collect the tile for inspection, which they did (amazingly).

After 4 weeks they offered me compensation of £5.95.....wtf?? The tile cost me £76, and postage took my outlay up to almost £90....you're kidding me, right? No...it seems not.

RM decided that they didn't have to pay compensation as the recepient had done such an excellent job with her glue!! They couldn't see that it had ever been broken. Obviously, I was trying it on....

I refused their kind offer, and they returned the tile to the recepient.....

.......in more bits.....Furious? Me? Never.....much!

After six months of almost tearing my hair out, I finally got the cost of the tile back, but not the postage costs.

Never. Ever. Again.

I still get really angry thinking about it two years later.

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I always put 'Fragile' and 'Handle with care' on my parcels, but I suppose that it is more critical to wrap the parcel very well. I don't know if it makes a difference to write on it, but even if it only makes some Royal Mail staff more careful it helps.
            I'm a bit worried now Jules has written 'read football' , but I think I'll continue to write on it anyway.
            Amanda
            xx

Comment

Sorry! I should have said...

Sorry!.....doh!

If you do send fairly fragile stuff (not china/glass/ceramics which have to be labeled as to what they are, and mailed accordingly) then you have to put a fragile or handle with care label on it.

If you don't, and whatever it is gets broken, RM say you have been negligent (sp)......you can't win really..

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts
              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

From what I have heard, it's the luck of the draw really.
                If the sorters are a bunch of 18 year old boys, the word 'fragile' reads to them, 'kick me about'
                BIL works for royal mail and he says for the young ones it is fun to throw things around the sorting office.
                Apparently, their greatest achievement was totally destroying a car spoiler!!!!!!
                Package best you can, and if it is worth more than £30 get extra insurance on it.
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sock-M...22898944436967
                Handmade Sock Monkeys, cats and animals

Comment

Working...
                X