Making Pillow Boxs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Pillow Boxs

I am going to be buying some jewellery boxes for my expensive stuff but wanted a cheap and cheerful packing as well.

I was thinking of getting a large die cutter so I can cut pillow boxes out of craft foam. Has anyone made foam pillow boxes, can they hold their shape well enough and any heads up on good glue ?

I don't see any reason why you can't make your pillow boxes out of craft foam. Not sure about what glue you would use though. Have you thought about using brads instead of glue???? just a thought....

Hope it helps

Sue X X X
    Regards Sue
    www.thepinkshopblog.com

Comment

Foam pillow boxes

Hi , i make my own pillow boxes but i've never tried them out of foam. How about foam board?
      Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
      Facebook Page
      Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Personally i would just use a nice cardstock, maybe even an embossed one? You could approach someone about buying in bulk.

I have used the sizzix die and cant see that the foam would work, neither would foamboard (too thick) although an acetate could give some interesting boxes, as would a nice cardstock or thick paper.

Would love to see whatever you do though!
        Jo

Independent Stampin' Up! Demo in Nuneaton, Warwickshire

Visit my Blog, & My Gallery (on this site)

Comment

I too use the sizzix die for pillow boxes and use good cardboard for them in many designs. I always use the strongest double sided tape to put mine together and they look really good. My best tip would be to overscore the lines well (especially if thicker card) before trying to assemble!
          www.safimelcardsandpendants.co.uk

Comment

Stampinupgirl & Meljov5,

May I ask where you got your die cutters from, I am looking for the Bigz xl pillow box and can't find anyone selling it in the UK (couple in USA on Ebay)

Comment

i always email cuttingedgecrafts about sourcing my dies - they are very good and contact me back as soon as they can.
              Jo

Independent Stampin' Up! Demo in Nuneaton, Warwickshire

Visit my Blog, & My Gallery (on this site)

Comment

Working...
              X