Brooch help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooch help please

I'm in need of a little help finding a brooch.

It's my mum's birthday soon and I have knitted her a lightweight 'lacey' mohair shawl. I want to put a really nice brooch with it - something modern that isnt too heavy (not heavy at all). But not being a brooch type person I am struggling a bit.

I like the idea of buying handmade stuff and I know she likes sparkly things.

So anyone know any good web sites or make any even??!!

Any help appreciated.
    - A whole world of fluffy stuff.

I bet you will find loads on here with all the extremely talented Jewellers that we have!!

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
      I bet you will find loads on here with all the extremely talented Jewellers that we have!!

I'm hoping so!

Come on dont be shy everyone!!!

Comment

What About...

.....a ring thingy, like a posh woggle. Like cubs use only very very pretty?

Would that give you a greater choice? I suppose it depends on how your mum wears her shawl.

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts
        www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Never heard of them Jules, well only the one my son wears to Beavers and its bright yellow plastic lol.

Comment

Lucky Mum [note to my daughter overlooking my shoulder ]

Idea...my Mum crochets lovely little rosette kind of brooches, she also makes some butterfly ones to which I add the little feelers in gold wire.

Not something I sell but willing to make one up for you. Let me know.

Alternative is I can make a glass brooch. Have a think.

My Mums bday soon...... given me an idea thanks Hope your Mum is happy with hers.
            Debbie
            www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Ps. ohhhh I love your vessels...I love natural things...lovely work
              Debbie
              www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Originally posted by zebra View Post
                Ps. ohhhh I love your vessels...I love natural things...lovely work
                Thanks! I really love glass (any)things, always have. Your work is gorgeous.

I gave her a glass pendant at Christmas and she loves that. It was a clear oblong with orange & gold swirls and little white flowers inside. Trouble is money's a bit tight at the mo (hence knitting the prezzie) so whatever I find has to be purse friendly lol.

Comment

Originally posted by the felt fairy View Post
                  Thanks! I really love glass (any)things, always have. Your work is gorgeous.

I gave her a glass pendant at Christmas and she loves that. It was a clear oblong with orange & gold swirls and little white flowers inside. Trouble is money's a bit tight at the mo (hence knitting the prezzie) so whatever I find has to be purse friendly lol.
                  Glad you like my work, thank you. The pendant sounds nice...just working on a clear/black & gold pendant at the mo for a customer.

We could always do a swap!?...let me know.

Better get back to packing........hate parceling up large items...and with Royal mail being ever so careful !! with there handling, I have to put on layers of bubble wrap and use air bags too.
                  Debbie
                  www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X