Guillotines!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guillotines!

Ive bought 2 guillotines to cut card(not thick)for a freinds wedding invites.
    Neithe rof them have worked!!
    The last one was £25, I said to the lady 'if this doesnt work or cut a straight line can I bring it back?'she said 'Ive got one at home, it does work', so I went home satisfied that I wouldnt be dissapointed.
    I tried it out, 80% of the time it didnt cut and i had to do major jiggling of the blade to get it working.
    Now Ive got to take it back without a receipt(they never give receipts out in the shop)Im not looking forward to it but I know my rights.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Hmm not sure why they don't work?
    Mine is really good, it's quite big and hubbie always closes his eyes when i'm using it, seems to not trust me with sharp things!!
    Not sure where it come from but it says DAHLE on it....
    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

I read this as Gallstones - what is up with me!!!! Guillotines are the bain of my life. I got one years ago decided to make some lovely flyers for the craft fairs. Thought I would save some paper printing 2 onto A4 - I had to cut them 1 at a time any more than that and the ends ended up all raggedy annie!! AARRGGGHHHHH

Be strong when you take it back to the shop and tell them it DOESN'T do what it says on the tin!!

Lisa
      Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I bought a fiskars paper trimmer a couple of months ago, it's ok but doesn't do a clean a cut as i'd expect, although it does cut straight. Don't worry when you take it back, the shop won't lose out as they'll just send it back to the manufacturer as faulty. Too many companies these days are good enough to take your money but not so good in the customer after sales service, hopefully this shop won't be one of them. If you do have problems write to the manufacturer direct expreesing your dissapointment with there product and where you bought it from and they may replace it for you. Good luck.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

A word of warning though. Always, always, always take fault goods back within 21 days. This is because the manufacturer is liable for the cost. However if you take it back after 21 days (cause you get a years guarantee with most things) it is the shop that is liable for the cost then and that is a whole different game.

I bought a computer from Curry's a good few years back. It was a Hewlett Packard I think. Got it home, plugged it in and straight away the system came up with a critical error. Phoned the helpdesk and they told me to take it straight back to Curry's. Did as I was told and swaped the machine that day. Got another one plugged it in it was a bit glitchy but as we had just taken one back didn't want to as I thought it was something I had done. However 30 days after we bought it the computer was well and truely b***ered. Phoned Curry's, told they wouldn't take it back as I had to give them ample opportunity to repair it. They came out and after 4 attempts a new hardrive and mother board it still didn't work we told them they could take it back. Nope we had to take them to court. Even then they wouldn't take it back they used some clause that mean even if we won the case and they replaced the machine we would be liable for ALL court costs. Couldn't afford that so had to settle for a repair.

I will never ever shop at Curry's but I learned my leason and take everything back as soon as.Sorry to waffle on but just to warn you good people.

Lisa
          Bowed Over
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys.
            I feel I have grown in confidence to attempt my first refund.
            I agree, if it doesnt do what its meant to do then it is totally faulty!
            They dont give out receipts but I know from working in a shop a few years ago and a run in with trading standards that you dont need a receipt, its just handy to have one.

Hopefully get the chance to go to town this lunchtime for work errand, if I cant il go at the weekend.Only bought it las saturday.

Comment

Go girl - and remember if you buy something I think the official wording is something like "if it's not fit for the purpose" so tell them to stick that in their pipes - and not to lie the next time they sell something!!!

Bowed Over
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                Go girl - and remember if you buy something I think the official wording is something like "if it's not fit for the purpose" so tell them to stick that in their pipes - and not to lie the next time they sell something!!!

Please come with me.hehe.

Yep, somethings got to be- as described, fit for purpose and of acceptable quality.

Comment

LIVID...... FRICKING LIVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went in thinking it would be plain sailing!!!!I was there for 40 minutes!!!!

Basically they dont give cash refunds, they swop things.I dint see that written anywhere!!
                  I stated Id like a cash refund, they tried to reinforce the fact that their policy is to swop so they handed me a replacement, I said 'Im trying it here'.
                  To cut a long story short, I got really peed off, they tried 2 guillotines showing me plenty of times that they DONT work 'oh maybe its a bad batch, lets try 3 or 4' I pointed out that surely 2 is bad enough!!!!
                  They actually wanted me to take the guillotine home and try it out!!I pointed out that the 2 lying on the table would have in theory been 2 that I d have taken home to try and not worked!!!By that time I had made myself comfortable on a chair while they tried and tried and failed to cut the fricking paper/card( I was sneekily happy that they failed).
                  They constantly tried to point out that I wasnt getting my money back, they do replacements or repairs and it wasnt their fault, but got the distinct impression it was all my fault.
                  I should have said 'well its not MY fault either!!!!'
                  Eventually she got one of the guillotines that has the arm that comes own.I tried it and it was alot better.
                  Still annoyed that they just wouldnt give me my money back!!
                  The replacement was £19.99 and the one I bought was £24.99, she said 'we can give you a voucher for the difference', again I (sarcasticly)said 'Id like cash I think'(I was getting right narked off).
                  Then she said 'ok you can speak to the owner', as if it was all my fault and if I wanted a cash difference Id have to get permission!!!!!

Anyhoo, after waiting for the assistant(who didnt really assist the customers)to finish with a previous customer I got a £5 cash refund.

I was so annoyed.I hate myself cos I got all nervous and twitchy and its clear Im not in conrol of the situation.I must learn to look more superior.

GOD IM ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                    To cut a long story short, I got really peed off,

LOL....... heheheheheeh

Don't worry..

I didn't know you could get guillotine that cuts for under 100.?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
                      LOL....... heheheheheeh

Don't worry..

I didn't know you could get guillotine that cuts for under 100.?
                      Hmm, not prepared to pay £100+ for what I need it for.Its only for card,.... not necks, like in ye olden days in France,mwohahhaha.

In summary only buy the 'arm' guillotines not the slidy ones, and make sure you findo out their policy on returns before hand.

Did I mention I AM LIVID!!!

Comment

Well done you for standing your ground. I get all nervous in situations like that too.
                        Emma
                        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                        Sassy Crafts Blog
                        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
                          Well done you for standing your ground. I get all nervous in situations like that too.
                          Thanks, I was better than ive been in the past.
                          I went all twitchy which I hate and clearly shows how irate I am, the woman was calm but said the most stupid things!! like 'its not our fault', so I felt her 'pointlessness' was worse than my twitchyness.
                          I cant believe what they did and suggested, its ridiculous!!
                          So glad I got some money out of them in the end, made it all worth while.

Comment

they sound like a nightmare of a shop!! If I'd been running it for a start you would have got a full refund no argument and secondly I would have died of embarrassment if I was trying to demonstrate and they wouldnt work! They should be ashamed of themselves and you shouldnt feel at all bad about what is your right as a customer!.

But yes the arm guillotines are the only good ones - I have one that cost me about £45 and I've been using it for a couple of years with no problems whatsoever. It only cuts up to 3 thick sheets of card at a time but it cuts perfectly so thats all that matters!
                            Liz

EA Cards and Crafts
                            Huge choice of papercraft, jewellery and wedding products! Full papercrafts catalogue available.
                            www.eacardsandcrafts.co.uk

Comment

Ow Seahorse, I would have tore into them and chined them for a start being so unprofessional in the first place not to give a receipt (demand one in the future). I don't get twitchy when I get angry but I feel like I will cry, so need to take big deep breaths. Generally when they see that they think I am about to blow and give me my money back!

But seriously if there are no returns policies up anywhere stating no cash refunds, they have sold you faulty goods, and have proven that the goods are faulty they are legally obliged to give you a full refund. You could have stood your ground but I know what I get like, I get really irate and when I am at the I feel like I am going to cry stage they have had it because then I wont take no for an answer (they have generally pushed me way to far when I feel the waterworks ready to start). I didn't used to be so head strong but when you get sh*te on from a great height you learn to stand your ground and take no c*ap!!! Maybe you wont get any where but when you have vented your spleen so to say you feel a whole lot better. Wont be the first time I have stormed out off a shop and approached every person on my way out telling them that such and such are a bunch of cowboys and not to shop there. Man that really makes me feel good!!!!

lol
                              Bowed Over
                              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X