Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Invention

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My New Invention

    deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kerrybutcher586; 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM. Reason: would like deleted

  • #2
    They are very pretty designs.

    My only concern would be that babies & toddlers could swallow the small beads.

    Comment


    • #3
      They are really lovely but please be aware that if you are planning on selling them (or anything else aimed at children under 14) they may need to comply with CE Marking legislation and in order to do that you will need to swot up on BS EN 71 - you may be able to access this at your local library. It's pretty heavy going and quite strict, I'm busy trying to get my head round it so that I can start making wooden toys to sell.
      www.belovedly.co.uk
      www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
      www.belovedly.folksy.com

      Belovedly facebook group

      Comment


      • #4
        PLease Please do not sell them. You are asking for trouble producing items like these. as a former nurse, i've seen countless children admitted and facing surgery because a bead has been shoved up a nose, in an ear or has been swallowed or inhaled. They are so dangerous. It's the responsibility of the manufacturer and seller to make sure that something conforms to regulations and if it doesn't you are looking at court cases and quite possibl;y the death of a child on your conscunce.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

        Comment


        • #5
          These are not intended for use!!
          Display purposes only obviously.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ebay are selling loads of them! I do not wish to sell them anyway

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kerrybutcher586 View Post
              I'd love to know your thoughts.
              If you ask for comments be prepared to take the rough with the smooth, members are only giving their opinions - which you asked for.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kerrybutcher586 View Post
                These are not intended for use!!
                Display purposes only obviously.
                May I just ask the "use"of these?

                You state them as 'baby and toddlers dummy holder clip on straps' but then state they are not intended for use... what are they intended for?

                Comment


                • #9
                  basically I just made them as I was testing out things,just like a cross stitch in which you might never frame just make and not use it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I understand how upsetting it is when you think you are onto a good thing and people shoot that idea down, however you have done the right thing by looking into your idea and getting advice on this board before selling any.

                    Much better to get helpful advice here into the potential problems of your product, than risk a real life problem. The other posts are very fair, non-personal and gave an opinion on your new idea, as you requested.

                    I am guessing you are not a parent either, which makes marketing to children so much more difficult.

                    Try not to get disheartened and post again with your next big idea, I bet we will love it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi Kerry

                      Don't get upset over the negative comments. At least you have discovered now that the dummy straps are not suitable for children.
                      Just try to find an alternative use for them...Like maybe little table cloth clips to hold down the edges (they dangle decoratively), or bookmarks, or curtain ties?

                      Sometimes the best way to learn is from a mistake. Take on board all the constructive comments and move on to your next project.

                      Cath x

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SterlingWeave View Post
                        I understand how upsetting it is when you think you are onto a good thing and people shoot that idea down, however you have done the right thing by looking into your idea and getting advice on this board before selling any.

                        Much better to get helpful advice here into the potential problems of your product, than risk a real life problem. The other posts are very fair, non-personal and gave an opinion on your new idea, as you requested.

                        I am guessing you are not a parent either, which makes marketing to children so much more difficult.

                        Try not to get disheartened and post again with your next big idea, I bet we will love it
                        I am a mum actually yes and I am not using them,I don't see how it is a problem if they are to never be used?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SterlingWeave View Post
                          I understand how upsetting it is when you think you are onto a good thing and people shoot that idea down, however you have done the right thing by looking into your idea and getting advice on this board before selling any.

                          Much better to get helpful advice here into the potential problems of your product, than risk a real life problem. The other posts are very fair, non-personal and gave an opinion on your new idea, as you requested.

                          I am guessing you are not a parent either, which makes marketing to children so much more difficult.

                          Try not to get disheartened and post again with your next big idea, I bet we will love it
                          I am a mum actually and that is why I stated not for use and also how come they are listed on ebay and have been approved?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by riff_raff_caff View Post
                            Hi Kerry

                            Don't get upset over the negative comments. At least you have discovered now that the dummy straps are not suitable for children.
                            Just try to find an alternative use for them...Like maybe little table cloth clips to hold down the edges (they dangle decoratively), or bookmarks, or curtain ties?

                            Sometimes the best way to learn is from a mistake. Take on board all the constructive comments and move on to your next project.

                            Cath x
                            Thanks Cath.At least there are positive people on here.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kerrybutcher586 View Post
                              I am a mum actually and that is why I stated not for use and also how come they are listed on ebay and have been approved?
                              Hi to a fellow mother

                              Ebay has listing for many dangerous and in some cases illegal items, unless someone reports a particular listing to Ebay to look at, they won't know it exists. If you see these type of things for sale report them to Ebay and they will be closed.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X