Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your business/website name-where did it come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your business/website name-where did it come from?

Just curious to hear where you website names came from and what they mean?
    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
    ___

Katian Krafts - Kati (first part of my name) an (first part of my middle name), Krafts with a K to match the first part.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by blueamema View Post
      Just curious to hear where you website names came from and what they mean?
      It came form the darkest corners of my mind.
      It means Im slightly disturbed.
      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

My surname is Jardine, at school I was called Sardine then it quickly moved on to kipper (aren't kids inventive!). I use 'kipper' now for all the projects I do. I also run a little record label with a mate of mine. What's it called? Kipper Records of course!

Steve
        Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
        www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
        Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

And you?

And how about yours Blue?
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

We were walking our dog in the summer. Lots of flowers about so we chose Bloom (couldn't have that alone because of the cosmetic company).

We tried lots of different tastes and colours before it to see what we liked. Raspberry was the one!
            A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

Bit of All Sorts...

....I started with Apple Tree Crafts. We live in Somerset, famed for it's apples & cider, and our house name is Bramley (we didn't chose that though) so it seemed right.

Then it was logical when we started the craft fairs that it should be Apple Tree Craft Fairs...

When I started building my website for ATC I thought about changing it to something else, as you get a free dot com with Mr Site, but I'm used to ATC now...

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts
              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

It's great too hear how everyone came up with there business names....it's one of those things I think, that a certain name justs clicks and you know you have got it right.

Mine came from my huge interest & love of music....I love Marc bolan and Bowie....Marc had a song called Deborah, with a line in it Deborah zebra - Bowie also used a Zebra lady in one of his videos.......Hence the name The Silver Zebra!.........

Good job I didn't like the sex pistols!!
                Debbie
                www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Now mine isn't very hard, my name is Lisa and I make Candles - voila there you go.

Bowed Over
                  Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by zebra View Post
                    It's great too hear how everyone came up with there business names....it's one of those things I think, that a certain name justs clicks and you know you have got it right.
                    agreed!

~ I had a long list of names and emailed all my freinds and family to choose there best. None said incywincytogs!!!

So I went googling to see what results came up and all the other names... Little lambs, 3 cotton mice, jack&jill, tiny togs, cotton kids and many more, had already been used. So i went for IWTogs which showed no results.

If I had thought about it a bit more I would have gone for something like 'giftsforlittleones' as it would have topped search engine ranks!

Never mind, I love my incywincytogs x x
                    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                    ___

Comment

Originally posted by blueamema View Post
                      agreed!

~ I had a long list of names and emailed all my freinds and family to choose there best. None said incywincytogs!!!

So I went googling to see what results came up and all the other names... Little lambs, 3 cotton mice, jack&jill, tiny togs, cotton kids and many more, had already been used. So i went for IWTogs which showed no results.

If I had thought about it a bit more I would have gone for something like 'giftsforlittleones' as it would have topped search engine ranks!

Never mind, I love my incywincytogs x x
                      I love incywincytogs ....it just sounds so cute
                      But I know what you mean about names getting up on the search engines...I guess we should look more at what people remember & like though...Its easier to keep a current customer who likes your work/name etc than it is to gain a new one!

Many of mine are repeat buyers and I seem to be doing commission after commission of late.......fingers crossed it carries on!

Do you do baby/tiny tots parties? I know they are very popular around here.
                      Debbie
                      www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

The name of my company comes from a nick name my Dad gave me. Cut a long story short..2 years ago I was diagnosed with MS and my first relapse left me with a disabled right hand (it's improved a bit now after 2 years of physio!) anyway my parents are two hundred miles away so my Dad used to ring me everyday and ask me 'hows that funky hand?' I started making cards at that time for something to do whilst I was off work sick and the joke was that they were Funky hand made cards..it stuck!
                        My website is called Funkyhand and I have moved on from just card making to backing paper design and running my own business.. never went back to my boring management job! Funny how things can turn out good from a bad situation!!
                        Anice xx
                        Funkyhand x
                        my website
                        http://www.funkyhand.com
                        my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                        http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                        Follow me on Twitter
                        http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

glasskanvas.com- I like to paint and have a second rate education
                          Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                          Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                          Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by zebra View Post
                            Do you do baby/tiny tots parties? I know they are very popular around here.
                            Never heard of tots parties? sound fun, if not a little noisy!

I must also say that once i chose my 'incywincytogs' name, my lovely BIL brought me my mrSite & domain name for xmas. Thanks BIL x
                            (Had to add that as he is lurking somewhere around here!)
                            ___

Comment

We took the 'does what it says on the tin' approach. We love crafts and we run parties to share the love around. Plus, we were lucky to get the .com which has as much to do with it as anything.
                              We were going to call it 'Paper Swan' for a while - but I don't remember why now!
                              Mel
                              Try a new way every day and work becomes play!

Comment

Working...
                              X