Craft fairs in Truro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fairs in Truro

Is anyone doing the various fairs over the Christmas period in Truro? I enquired and all of them, including the made in Cornwall one are over £100 each which quite frankly I can't afford. I'd nee to be able to sell too much before getting any kind of profit from them. Does anyone have any experience of these? Is this a reasonable price for craft fairs nowadays? Seems a heck of a lot to me.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Pete

Having been to the Christmas Evenings in Truro, I know they can be very busy. However, like you feel £100 is alot of money to pay, as for me too it would envolve more sales than I would probably make to cover the fees!

I am doing a few Christmas fairs, not as big as Made in Cornwall, but I am only paying between £10 - £15 each which is a much more realistic fee.

Good Luck if you decide to go for it!
    www.fairlygirly.com

Comment

Hi,

I won't be doing these fairs as I am just starting out trying to make some kind of living from my woodturning. The overheads, even though I am only 3 mies away, would be more than I can possibly guarantee to make up. I would need to get a street traders license as well as the cost of a stall and then need to make that up (approx £150 total) before I even start to make any money. I am doing some smaller ones as & when I find them, they aren't always that well advertised but at least the cost initially is bearable if they are a flop.

Hope yours all go well, mostly in Devon aren't they?

pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

If I was still living in Falmouth, it would be a distinct possibility for me, but sadly i'm not!! However, the price seems steep to me. I seem to remember it getting very busy during that time, but there are no guarantees are there! Sorry, prob no help at all am I!!
        Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
        Facebook Page
        Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Not directly related to the topic, but what fairs happen in the Truro area? I've only just moved to the area (I'm living in Penryn at Tremough campus because I'm in my first year of studies with Exeter Uni) and I'd love to attend some craft fairs and possibly sell at a few in the future.
          My craft YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/izzybeecrafts
          Twitter: @izzybeecrafts

Comment

If you can find them there are local markts and, at this time of year there are school fairs etc. Hall for Cornwall have a craft market on the first friday of each month which is £10.99 for a 6' table. I did it last month and it was abysmal but apparently it was unusually quiet. Apart from that it seems that there is not a huge amount in the way of craft fairs at a reasonable cost. If you do find any, please let me know.

Pete
            Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
            X