Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is SEO and some tip's and how to's!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your site is on Wordpress, first of all download a SEO plugin (there are a lot of free ones), a lot of people use Yoast - it analyzes your articles and gives you recommendations, and it's free. With that you can easily optimize pages without any special kowledge.
    To research keywords: Google Trends is very helpful to find the most popular phrases. Than when you pick them, you can use Ubbersugest to find long-tail keywords (longer phrases can be more effective because the competition is lower).
    Link-building is harder, and it takes time and effort to get high-quality links. If you have a blog, one of the cool advices is to check relevant articles in Wikipedia and see if there any broken links, and then fix it with links to your site. this is easier said then done though, you can't just link to any site...
    Just keep smiling

Comment

I found it really easy to understand "How to get to No.1 ".

Comment

There's some really good info on SEO on YouTube. If you are like me you will find it easier to get your head around with a visual and audio teaching. Works better than reading from the page

Comment

SEO - Search Engine Optimization is process to optimized the visibility for both search engine users and search engines.

Comment

i'm really wondering why this is part of sticky wherein the topic is not even one bit related to crafts.
            steve barbarich

Comment

When it comes to SEO or search engine optimisation it really helps to know the do's and donts. For example Google and other search engines love the ''white hat'' way, which is basically following the best practices guidelines when it comes to SEO or indexing your website. You can find their best practices by search for it on Google. Bare in mind that Google's search algorithms are always updating and changing and the SEO techniques and methods are constantly changing because of this i.e meta description no longer plays a part in Googles ranking algorithm. The other method is ''grey hat'' where you follow the best practices to a point and then follow the ''black hat'' methods also. Black hat is basically everything Google hates without being caught (although if you are caught your website could be blocked from Google for x amount of time or even never return)

So saying that white hat is harder yes but in all fairness it does achieve the most organic results and you wont have to worry about being banned from Google! When making backlinks to your website make sure the website you are leaving a link on is not going to affect your website badly, meaning that the quality of the website isn't so bad that it will decrease your ranking and drag you down will it i.e being penalized for linking to it. For best results aim for PR )page ranking) 3 - 9. You can check these by searching for any page ranking website.

That's a little bit of information for you to start with, hope this helps someone!
              Handmade Dreamcatchers, Jewellery and more! Wilde About Crafts

Comment

Small Question: Why we are talking about SEO in a crafts forum. And, if we are talking about it , I guess, we should create a separate section for this.

Comment

SEO is a way to promote products or services online by following different techniques. SEO divided into two categories including on and off page optimization. Many articles or blogs are available online for readers about SEO.

Comment

Originally posted by British Interior Designer View Post
                    Small Question: Why we are talking about SEO in a crafts forum. And, if we are talking about it , I guess, we should create a separate section for this.
                    A lot of folks here run their own craft businesses and sell online. SEO is a great, but challenging way to reach potential customers that you other wise couldn't have.

Comment

• I't can't be described in some words. Try some seo tutorial from youtube.

Comment

• SEO is very good. I ordered SEO and it helped me a little climb up the search. I would definitely recommend doing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blooregard View Post
                          Hi all,

Without trying to sound too pompous I have worked in the world of SEO for the last decade, amongst other things. I have always had my head buried in text books relating to the subject. SEO in a nut shell is basically a popularity contest, the more people are talking about and linking to your site the higher you will rank in search engines. The best advice I can give anyone is to submit your site to as many places as possible, such as search engines and directories. Create as many inbound links to your site as possible, the link should be a short piece of text that relates to your sites content highlighted and pointed to your home page. And the final piece of advice is to give people a reason to come to your site, not just content but regular special offers, a blog with informative entries, competitions........ people love getting stuff for free I know I do.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to get my jewellery business ranked highly for what's known as a broad search term, that is a term that users would enter into a search engine that has a lot of competition. The term I have been focusing on is "handmade silver jewellery", as you can imagine there are a lot of people fighting for the same term. After a lot of hours sat in front of a computer screen I am currently floating between page 2 and 3 of google, a little more work and I will be on page 1 somewhere.

If anyone would like any questions answering please feel free to send them my way

Kev
                          This is very reassuring, and matches my instinctive view. I am constantly concerned about SEO for my website and your point of view clarifies things.

Comment

• Tôi cũng bلn rèm cửa, cho tôi lời khuyên tốt nhất về seo

Comment

• Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine's unpaid results—often referred to as organic results.

Comment

• Make a site visible in the first page of search engine result page. Do ON page and Off page activity to achieve for higher ranking or stand a head of the competitors.

Comment

Working...
                                X