Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is SEO and some tip's and how to's!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been doing the seo for our site for a while now and have been some success. It's very simple if you have basic computer skills and an up to date book on how to do it.
    Mod Edit. awaiting discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by hanfords View Post
      It's very simple if you have basic computer skills
      It depends what you mean by basic computer skills. I've always considered myself to have at least basic computer skills, but when it comes down to it I mean input skills - I was a typist first. I will be printing this off and reading it with interest. I started doing what I thought were meta tags on the website not long ago, but I think I've got confused with keywords, and don't know if any of what I input counts.
      Leigh

www.dragonratjewellery.com
      www.etsy.com/shop/dragonratjewellery
      http://dragonratjewellery.blogspot.com/
      Facebook - http://on.fb.me/lJzyQn Twitter - @Dragon_rat

Comment

SEO can seem like a bit of a minefield but it is essentially marketing yourself on the web. I find the internet marketing podcasts really great once you've learnt the basics of it. Also see Kelvin Neumann I think he's called. Clockwork Pirate, reeeally good.

Comment

SEO really helps newbie to let their way go simple in the pool of competitions. It's a way that help to get websites crawled out. In the web, there is lots of options available, check them as per your need.

Comment

What do i know about SEO is the term stands for Search Engine Optimization. If you want your site to rank first when people search a particular keyword that relates your website and your business on Google, then people take the services of SEO. It also helps in bringing a pretty much traffic to your website. I hope this elementary information is enough for you.

Comment

Wowzer, great information!! The guys over at SEOMoz seem to really know their stuff
              I love being a crafty Mom

Comment

Hello,

I wrote a hugely long post with masses of tips for getting on to page one of google - not just for the sake of it but by targeting specific keywords and working out who your target audience and readership is. There's no point being the top of google for a search term that's not going to attract potential customers!

How to get on page one of google

I really hope it's useful

Don't forget to submit your craft blog to Craft Blog UK!
                A directory for crafty bloggers and lots of blogging tips too
                Facebook page - keep up to date with news, there's always something new in the world of blogging and social media!
                G+ Page - it's new but already busy!
                @craftbloguk on twitter - chat chat, tweet tweet!

Comment

I am online for a couple of years and still learning about SEO. Right now I am promoting my RSS feed as one way to get backlinks from Rss directories.
                  Lana
                  DIY Edible Bouquets
                  Make candy bouquets, cookie bouquets and fruit arrangements at home

Comment

I to have a website. I would like to know more about SEO and how to use it in regards to better Search Engine Rankings.

Comment

SEO is process to make your websites or online business popular or reaches to user by help of search engine that is already famous in public view.
                      SEO - Search engine Optimization.
                      Last edited by nattynetty; 07-01-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john8954 View Post
                        SEO is process to make your websites or online business popular or reaches to user by help of search engine that is already famous in public view.
                        SEO - Search engine Optimization.
                        One thing that SEO isn't is spamming forums with keywords and url's eh John?
                        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Thank you for the link, I have set-up a basic site but this info is very helpful. Always learning...

Comment

let's say is a good post..although it's " in general " information..so girls and guys,now you have some information to dig
                            wedding flowers

Comment

Great tips

Originally posted by haptree View Post
                              Hello,

I wrote a hugely long post with masses of tips for getting on to page one of google - not just for the sake of it but by targeting specific keywords and working out who your target audience and readership is. There's no point being the top of google for a search term that's not going to attract potential customers!

How to get on page one of google

I really hope it's useful
                              I think that's a really good post - you've explained it clearly and help to focus on what needs to be done. My websites been going for 2 years now and I'm still trying to get my head around the crazy world of seo.
                              For Keep's Sake
                              www.forkeepssake.co.uk
                              Blog: http://forkeeps-sake.blogspot.com/
                              Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ForKeepsSake
                              Twitter: http://twitter.com/Forkeepssake09

Comment

Wow. Brilliant link. Will get on it!
                                http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Silver-Gift-Express
                                www.facebook.com/silvergiftsexpress
                                Follow us on Twitter @silverexpress90

Comment

Working...
                                X