Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is SEO and some tip's and how to's!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is often considered the more technical part of Web marketing. SEO is sometimes also called SEO copyrighting because most of the techniques that are used to promote sites in search engines deal with text. Here are some tips for SEO

1. Write unique content
    2. Add new content alll the time.
    3. Creat a great keywords pharse.
    4. Write an accessible site.

Comment

Ive mentioned this else where on the site and also I'm writing some tutorials on my website for people who sell there crafts but struggle on the search engine optimization.

In my opinion you should use a shopping cart software such as magento.

It contains an admin based area for you to fill in sections for your website title, your meta keywords and then for your product info and meta info so you get listed in google correctly and so all your pages can be found on google.

My website is only one month old and ive not had the time to finish my site or do the seo on it yet, but to prove my point already I have over 20 pages in google by searching for phoenixdreams, its listing my pages correctly. I've not got position for my keywords yet but that takes time and work on the SEO side of it, but if you guys want the best possible start, get shop software and fill in that seo admin section, it really will help you.
      Handcrafted Jewellery - Sterling Silver and Genuine Gemstone Jewellery

Gift and Craft Fair organisers

Comment

I think for beginner there are good information. Thanks it works..

Comment

Seo means search engine optimization. There are two of optimization under it On-page and off-page. Seo generally deals with various types of search engines

Comment

Thankyou for the information! I'm working on a website at the moment and any information in SEO is a great help!

Comment

I have been looking at SEO for a couple of weeks. The reality is that just having key words etc in the right places is not the only thing you need to think about. I have been looking at my competition and in particular their backlinks... If you take the number 1 company for Beads on google they had over 1400 backlinks to their site (on Thursday).. Those links are treated by google as showing the site is well thought of... even though their products are by no means cheap

Comment

Originally posted by paul platten View Post
                If you take the number 1 company for Beads on google they had over 1400 backlinks to their site (on Thursday).. Those links are treated by google as showing the site is well thought of... even though their products are by no means cheap
                Hi Paul I'm new to SEO and trying hard through blogs, FB, Twitter etc; but now I'm running out of ideas....

When you mentioned that they had "over 1400 backlinks on their site" is that internally i.e. linking from page to page or is that from external site's i.e. blogs, forums etc.... I'm just wondering if I need to increase my internal links??

Look forward to hearing your answer.

Hannah
                P.S. - I'm curious to know how you found out how may backlinks they had?
                Bebe + Me - beautiful handmade baby & toddler gifts
                Dribble bibs - Tag Blankets + much more

Comment

Hope I don't double post on here...even though I clicked post quick reply, it seems to have disappeared.

you can install an seo add on to firefox (free from Google webmaster tools). That way when you google something mounds of information comes up under your search, page ranking, date the website was founded, alexa ranking, and yes, how many backlinks.

Internal links are important as well, just because Google likes a well-structured website, however keywords linking back to various pages on your website mean that it is more likely to appear when people search for certain keywords.

Originally posted by BebeandMe View Post
                  Hi Paul I'm new to SEO and trying hard through blogs, FB, Twitter etc; but now I'm running out of ideas....

When you mentioned that they had "over 1400 backlinks on their site" is that internally i.e. linking from page to page or is that from external site's i.e. blogs, forums etc.... I'm just wondering if I need to increase my internal links??

Look forward to hearing your answer.

Hannah
                  P.S. - I'm curious to know how you found out how may backlinks they had?

Comment

Thanks for the tips.SEO is a practical work.I got confused by reading the articles regarding SEO.Now I am getting every thing after working on it.So, go for practical work after reading the theory.
                    Signature Removed - Not Crafts Related

Comment

wow interesting info, thanks!
                      A whole world of crafts, cardmaking and scrapbooking. Welcome to Craft World!

(NOTE: Designers currently wanted!)

Comment

I had my site built for me by a local company and I have very very little sales. I come up nowhere for Handmade Soap, handmade skin care, natural skincare etc, i do however some up first for handmade soap Ayrshire. Who puts that into google!! I know there are a million sites for handmade soap etc, so i wasn;t expecting to be rich, but I did expect more sales than I've had.

and i kNOW no company can guarantee sales, they were very persuasive and I wish I had stuck with Mr Site. I will definetly not be renewing with them unless I recoup my costs to them
                        Website
                        Facebook

Blog

Comment

Hi Miss Polly,

Did you just have your site built by the local company or did they perform any SEO on the site for you aswell?

There's so much work that needs to go in to SEO for competitive terms and the results are not usually immediate, try and stick at it and remember that results are usually slow when you first start out in SEO. However, if you get it right and stick at it, the rewards can be great!

Best of luck.
                          Hello. Your Course Search is the website that helps you find things to learn near you.
                          From Photography to Upholstery & Jewellery Making to Bread Baking, there’s a Course to inspire everyone.
                          YourCourseSearch.com - coming soon

Comment

Thanks for your reply. the local company built the site, but I don;t think they really know what they are doing. They didnt know how to work Paypal, then someone did, i literally had to design it myself and they did all the codey stuff, i had thought they would design the site, but I've since gathered that that's quite how it works. They allow changes to the site every 3 months - so that's not going to help with the SEO from what I gather. We'll see, I have until Feb of next year to see if things improve.
                            Website
                            Facebook

Blog

Comment

Very Useful,
                              Thanks

Comment

Useful info ta :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X