Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Suppliers???

Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of writing my business plan to set up a mail order and internet craft business. I'm finding it quite tricky to find craft suppliers who stock trade priced card making and scrapbooking products. Help! :shock:

Where do I start??

Many thanks for your help.

Cheryl.x

Re: Craft Suppliers???

You will find that because it's so difficult to find them, no one will want to share their contacts!!!

I have looked high and low for jewellery supplies and I wouldn't want to share some of my suppliers!! I know it sounds selfish but you'll understand once you found some!! Try google with craft+supplies+wholesale. You will spend a lot of time looking but unless someone comes forward to help... this is the reality. There was a similar discussion on another forum and the poster couldn't understand why no one was sharing their contacts.... Also if I find a wholesaler who sells something a bit different, would I want others to go and buy and sell it too... Competition, sales, ...

Sorry this is pessimistic... Maybe someone will prove me wrong!!!

Good luck

Beatrice
    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

I understand Beatrice, many thanks for your post. I guess I'm hoping someone who was in the trade and isn't anymore could help.

Kind regards,

Cheryl.

Comment

Get wholesale craft supplies for your website

Hi Cheryl.

Have you tried Memories Majestic they sell over 1000 craft products by
        mail order, All hand crafted in the UK wholesale, everything from card toppers to Paper weaving strips.

They are looking for online craft businesses to stock their products and offer a £67.50 starter box of assorted items, They also supply the templates for them. They will not sell to anyone who wants to re-sell them on ebay as they already have an agent doing that...................but if you have an online shop.....Your own website then that's OK.

If you buy the starter box you can load up the templates onto your website and have a ready made catalogue of goods to begin with.

When you order again you can either ask for what you want or simply ask
        for another starter box, they will then provide you with another 50 items
        different from the first.

The minimum order ever is only £67.50 and that includes delivery.

If you want the information then you will have to enquire with them through this website: www.memoriesmajestic.co.uk/adventure

They have a project going at the moment but will take any enquiries through their Adventure site regarding any part of their business.

GOOD LUCK
        Join our 2006 Art/Craft Adventure Project.
        Join with OPTION 1 FREE, Link to us FREE
        Advertise one event FREE

Comment

Thanks!

Wow, that's really helpful, thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Kind regards,

Cheryl.

Comment

No problem

Hi Cheryl

glad to be of service, Hope it helps.
            Join our 2006 Art/Craft Adventure Project.
            Join with OPTION 1 FREE, Link to us FREE
            Advertise one event FREE

Comment

If you take a look in ebays craft section, find someone who has lots of variety, click on'about me' if they have one, there you will usually find a link to there website, its alway s worth a try!
              Good Luck & best wishes
              Alison
              DestinyUK..Found at the End of Every rainbow
              Check it out!

DestinyUK..My Ebay Shop
              Beads 'n' Stuff!

If you like SPOOKY stuff, you will love this!!

Comment

Hi,

I already run a successful internet craft supplies site which thanks to some very expensive advertising is doing ok now but it takes time and theres tonnes of competition out there!

I found it harder than I thought to find suppliers when I started last year. Generally most supplies come from (or via) America and they won't ship internationally. Therefore you will find that there are dedicated UK distributors for certain products/brand names which you will have to get an account with. Unfortunately a lot of them won't deal with you unless you have a bricks and mortar shop, which I can understand to some extent, so the ones you can get are even more important.

I (as Bea said) am reluctant to just pass the names on as I bust a gut researching who sold what etc, but you will find a lot of answers in the major card making magazines, plus most brand names or products have a website and you can sometimes find out who distributes them in the UK from there.

The biggest problem is the amount of competition there is out there - the classified sections in the mags are enough to put you off! But persevere and you will get there in the end.

Best Wishes
                Liz
                Liz

EA Cards and Crafts
                Huge choice of papercraft, jewellery and wedding products! Full papercrafts catalogue available.
                www.eacardsandcrafts.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by liz15a
                  Hi,

I (as Bea said) am reluctant to just pass the names on as I bust a gut researching who sold what etc, Liz
                  I'll second that!
                  Alison
                  DestinyUK..Found at the End of Every rainbow
                  Check it out!

DestinyUK..My Ebay Shop
                  Beads 'n' Stuff!

If you like SPOOKY stuff, you will love this!!

Comment

Couldn't agree more !! I have a market stall selling scrapbooking and cardmaking products. It has taken me a while to build up my supplier list. A lot of stuff still comes from Ameria but there are some British distributors out there. They just take some searching out!!

Julie
                    If you are not near enough to visit then check out my online store!!

www.scrapbookingcastle.co.uk

Happy crafting

Comment

yep! once you have found some good ones, you keep them close to your chest! i'm managing to slowly build up my wholesalers list - but its taking time!

I make a lot of embellishments myself, which cuts out buying them from someone - i also sell them on ebay!! my fimo bunnies go down a treat! i even had someone in new zealand by a load
                      Sally x

www.bootifulstampz.co.uk

Comment

i want to find a good fabric wholesaler. Any ideas?

I just found this under 'cheap haberdasher' on google, it was 4th down i think.

w w w robsonandmason. co uk [sorry i cant write thingfs yet]

i also found w w w . jaycotts . co .uk but there website looks a bit rubbish .

Comment

Working...
                        X