Another 2nds sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 2nds sale

Sorting out my stock for a couple of oncoming sales and a shop I am fnding more items that are really not up to scratch. If there is enough interest I can do another sale of 2nds. Like before I'd put them in PhotoBucket with comments RE what I think is wrong with thm and the price. If not they'll join the wood burner pile.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Oh, don't burn them, please!

The ones I had from you before were lovely, really. Though I had some fun trying to get the finish off...
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Pete, you can't burn them! Even if you think they are not up to scratch there are people around who think your stuff is wonderful and a slight imperfection (in your eyes) makes them unique.

Linda

Comment

OK,
        I've got some things up here
        If you click on the picture you are interested in you will see a larger photo with a description and the price. I have tried to be honest with regards to faults etc. Prices include postage. Under the picture there is a comments box. If you want something put your forum name in there and I'll get back to you by PM. 1st come 1st served. If anyone has a problem accessing the pictures let me know please. I'll add more as I find them. I have another 3 boxes of stuff to sort out.
        Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Great idea Pete, hope you don't mind if I take up this idea at some point in the future.

Although I don't usually have many seconds
          regards

Tam "now a hobby woodturner"

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. (John Ruskin 1819-1900)

Comment

You go for it Tam. I doubt if you have as many as I have. I have less and less but still there are those pieces that I am just not happy with. If someone likes them then they are welcome to them rather than burning and it saves them taking up space so keeps SWMBO happy as well.

Pete
            Facebook

Website

Comment

Sounds like your OH is the same as mine. Or are they all like this? "What a mess. Can't you find a place for them?" Just lucky I was born a bloke with selective hearing.

Maybe I should have taken up fishing, instead of turning, then I could have chucked them all back in.
              regards

Tam "now a hobby woodturner"

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. (John Ruskin 1819-1900)

Comment

Originally posted by TePe View Post
                Sounds like your OH is the same as mine. Or are they all like this? "What a mess. Can't you find a place for them?" Glad I was born a bloke with selective hearing.

Maybe I should have taken up fishing, instead of turning, then I could have chucked them all back in.

To be fair she isn't that bad, plus she is into fabric crafts so our spare bedroom is often knee deep in bits of material and cotton. I leave my work out after making to settle and acclimatise as a lot of it is done with wet wood and I do get the occasional hint about dust.

Pete
                Facebook

Website

Comment

I've tagged a few that I think might make nice pagan pyro pieces, and hope to keep up with any more that get added...
                  Cheers,
                  Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                  Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Working...
                  X