displaying at craft shows..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• displaying at craft shows..

I have been looking at ways to display my items and am finding it really hard to decide what to do..

I did a show or 2 last year (my 1st ones) and didn't really make much of an effort and although it looked 'ok' i would say it needed improving.. Does anyone have any tips on displaying things and any suggestions.. take a look at what i make www.carlisacrafts.com and if you have any brain waves i would be really grateful of them Hope you dont mind...

I am looking at getting a wicker tree but am struggling to find the right sort.. anyone seen any anywhere??

Thank you so much in advance...

Caron x
    www.CarLisaCrafts.com
    Concentrating on Bereavement;
    Because Memories Matter...

My BLOG; http://carlisacrafts.blogspot.com/

Join me on facebook; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bournemouth-United-Kingdom/CarLisaCrafts/127517144345?v=photos&ref=ts#/pages/Bournemouth-United-Kingdom/CarLisaCrafts/127517144345?ref=ts

coming soon www.CarLisaCrafts.co.uk too

Caron

Do you have any photos of the layout you have already done?

only thing I can think of is you could try a tiered stand. have boxes on the bottom then cards if any or smaller things then jewellery

Try to set something up on your dining room table, making sure you have some height.

sorry cant be more help.
    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

It takes a bit of practice, and I think the first few you do you learn a bit more each time. it is a good idea to practice laying it out at home. This is handy as it gives you an idea of space and what you need to fill it.
      Try and have different levels to your stand as it catches peoples eye at different heights (important if it is busy).
      Once you have a set up you like take pictures to remind yourself for next time.

Comment

Just wanted to say that your website made me cry (don't worry everything makes me cry) the things you sell are beautiful and the thought behind them is fantastic. Those people who have lost a member of the family and think even more so when it is a child, know how important it is to remember.
        sorry, just wanted to say that. I have stopped crying now

Comment

www.CarLisaCrafts.com

Join me on facebook; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bournemouth-United-Kingdom/CarLisaCrafts/127517144345?v=photos&ref=ts#/pages/Bournemouth-United-Kingdom/CarLisaCrafts/127517144345?ref=ts

Comment

www.CarLisaCrafts.com

Comment

Given that you are displaying Santa stop here things how about a christmas tree?
              Ikea used to do a metal tree thing for a few pounds - not sure if they still do ) and Ikea shoe racks at £4 ish are good for adding height (they click together so no screws and easy to transport too)
              Chris xx
              My Website
              My Blog

Comment

I think that looks pretty good. Eye catching but quite a bit going on. I think some of your products take a bit of explaining but you can do that in person, you sell quite a diverse range so always going to look a bit "busy" and I like the information boards at the back.
                Love the memory and secret boxes.
                Good Luck

Comment

Hi, you do seem to have the height covered, it does look a little cluttered on the table and I like the idea of a xmas tree type display but you are priced too cheaply from what I could tell, I know it is hard to put a price on what is essentially peoples memories but you need to reflect your time as well as the cost of materials etc.

That said your things are fantastic and a marvelous idea. I hope you do well.
                  Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

I think it looks good. I like your display boards at the back, the free-standing shelving rack and the jewellery display and your banner is lovely.
                    I'm not too keen on your brown twig tree I think it it hides the rack and looks a bit messy to me, the silver one blends in much better.
                    Sorry, but your price stars don't appeal. They don't say quality to me, they are more market stall. I think you should get people to be drawn to your items first and not by the prices.
                    I would suggest a flat xmas tree shape (like on a xmas card) propped up at the back with your snowflakes and stars hung on the front like ornaments.

Melanie

Comment

OK I seem to be thinking completely opposite to everyone else.
                      My first look at your stall and my attention went straight to the boards at the back and kept going back to them, I'm wondering if they perhaps draws customers attention away from the main items on the table?
                      Maybe it's different when you see it in person.

I loved the twiggy tree with the items hanging from it as I could clearly see everything that was on it. If you used a christmas tree with more folliage I think it would detract from your lovely stars and snowflakes and hide them a little.

I don't mind the stars with the prices on them but on a smaller scale and in a slightly more subtle colour or perhaps you could use shaped tags or labels.

I particularly love the boxes and think you should make more of a feature of them on your main table and agree with the suggestion to have more layers on the table to show them all off to their best advantage.

Your things are gorgeous and I'm sure they will sell really well.

Comment

Lighting

Please don't forget to added simple lighting to lift the table.
                        Liz

Comment

I think you definitely need a second height like a shoe rack was suggested on your table, your eye gets dragged to the taller things and maybe miss the products lying on the table? Obviously might not be true if I was stood by it ;-)

I also think either use two real twig trees or two silver because the different ones don't gel completely imo.

Otherwise it looks great and the banner/info boards are excellent really attention grabbing I love the orange star price labels too.

The memory boxes they are gorgeous and a lovely idea but so sad, I had to run upstairs and give my sleeping son a sneaky kiss on his forehead.
                          Embroidery and applique customise and create! www.reebeebaby.co.uk
                          My facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pentyr...y/146337142329
                          Twitter: www.twitter.com/reebeebaby
                          My blog: http://reebeebaby.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X