Fairy House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairy House

When i was little, i used to love to draw and would spend i great deal of time sketching and copying paintings.

As i grew up i seemed to stop somehow

On my recent trip home, my mum suggested i go down to the library as she was sure she saw some books on drawing fairies. Where on earth she got the idea i wanted to draw fairies from i have no idea as i have never drawn them before or even expressed an interest. Anyway i decided to wander down anyway in search of craft books. Sure enough there were books on drawing aforementioned fairies and one in particular was such a pretty book that i couldn't help but take it home.

The book was one by Linda Ravenscroft and i so loved looking at her pictures and her instructions were so easy to follow that before i knew it i found myself sketching an image similar to the one in her book.

I had so much fun with it that it has reignited my love of drawing and yesterday went and bought another of her books from Waterstones!! I can't wait to get started!!

Anyhoo, here is the piccie i drew at home, hardly Van Gough (and it does look better on the canvas but a start never the less lol!!

Jo
    x
    www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Hi Jo... love your drawing, it's fab!!

I love drawing too, though I go through phases where I don't do much but I find it can help me to express how I'm feeling more than anything else.

Can't wait to see more of your work

Comment

Thanks Laura!!

I have just looked at your drawings in your gallery and they are lovely!! I especially love the Kiwi in the kilt!!

Jo
      x

Comment

That is absolutely fantastic. Well done!!!! see mum's are so clever!!!

Can't wait to see a picture of a fairy, I love fairies!!
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Thanks Diane

The book i bought is on drawing the fairies themselves and the book at home was more about drawing the surroundings

I meant to have a go yesterday but was too tired!!

Jo
          x

Comment

Wow, Jo, your drawing is fantastic

I'm full of admiration, I can't draw for toffee

Comment

well done i havnt drawn anything since school!
              www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Working...
              X