Scent Samples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scent Samples

I know all you peeps out there will be able to help me. I have a bride enquiring about colours and scents of my candles. I have said that I can colour match if I get a sample of her material. She has also asked if I do sample scents. Now what should I do because obviously the fragrance oil in the bottles will smell stronger on a paper sampler than it would in a candle. Do I send her down some scented tea lights to try or do I just do the paper thingy?

You are a lovely lot you know!!!
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

I think if it was me, i'd give her paper samples first, explaining about the strength. She can then decide which scents she definatley likes and dislikes, then you can make tealight samples of the ones she likes, saving you time and money!! Does this make scents or am i just being tight? Sorry couldn't resist pun!! lol

Comment

That's a great idea. I never even thought to think along that line. She can decide which one she likes on the sampler then make up a candle - sheer genius.

See I knew there would be someone out there. Thanks Jules.

All the best.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Changing scents...

.....do the scents differ in any way when they're burning? I mean does the heat process change them?

I would have thought you'd need a candle to get the true effect of the scent but I'm no expert.

I had some love stuff from Sensory Perfection before Christmas, I used some to scent wax for fragrant pillows and then I put a few drops with warm water in my burner - house smelled lovely! Very festive.

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts
        www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Sensory Perfection are great. I have used them too.

The scent wouldn't really change in the candle as such but would obviously be diluted as the fragrance oils need to combine with the wax. She would be able to get the rough idea of what they smell like though and I could then make up a little sample candle for her.

The heat process shouldn't affect the scent as long as you use olils specifically made for using in candles (don't want your candle to turn into a flamer thrower by using the wrong stuff)!!

Thanks for your help Jules.
          Bowed Over
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X