Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crushed velvet for a 6ft table, where can i buy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crushed velvet for a 6ft table, where can i buy??

Hi all

i'm trying to find crushed velvet black for craft fair tables, normaly 6ft. Have found some on ebay but not sure where else i can buy or how much i'd need.

Any ideas??

Thanks
    Scottishflame
    Eternal Flame Candles
    www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk

Hand Made in Scotland

Try www.cheapfabrics.co.uk
    A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

I was going to try my local market? Not sure on the price but would save on postage this way. Can anyone suggest a good colour - is dark or light most effective?
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I got some black crushed velvet from hobbycraft very reasonably. Had to hem it myself as the sales assistant wasn't particularly carefull! I think i got about 2 metres....but I struggle to remember....

I think colour depends on what you are displaying. I've found darker colours look better with jewellery. But that's just my opinion.

Laura
        Beyond Beads
        Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
        www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

Originally posted by flame View Post
          Hi all

i'm trying to find crushed velvet black for craft fair tables, normaly 6ft. Have found some on ebay but not sure where else i can buy or how much i'd need.

Any ideas??

Thanks
          Scottishflame
          Hi Flame,

Done a wee bit of maths there and 2 meters works out at roughly 6 feet 6 inches. 3 meters is roughly 9.10 inches so suppose the amount of fabric you would want would depend on the width You could like and how much extra to cover the table. you would always get more cause you could always fold any excess up.

Best wishes.

Lisa
          Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

For a table 6.6ft by 2.6ft......

....my cotton duck cloth is 4.5 metres long. This means it covers down to the floor on both ends, down to the floor at the front, and just a wee bit hanging over the back, to I can store my boxes, etc underneath, out of sight.

Fabrics, unless it's sheeting, come in two widths generally; 115cms wide, or 150cms wide, give or take a few cms for different manufacturers. I would expect a stretch velour or crushed velvet to be 150cms wide. Pure cotton velvet would more than likely be 115cms.

Hope this helps!

Jules
            Apple Tree Crafts
            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
            X