What is a good Craft fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good Craft fair?

From a crafters point of view - What makes a good craft fair? How long should it last? How many of each craft? What's a reasonable price per table?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!
    Laura
    Beyond Beads
    Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

The price you pay for a table depends on the event itself and how many people it is likely to draw in. I have booked tables at a few craft fairs to be held in village halls / community centres and have paid from £12.50-£19.50 for a table.

I think having a good range of handmade items is always a plus, so there are lots of different things for people to look at and be wowed by! I went to one before xmas that was held in a large civic centre, but there were hardy any stalls, so I felt that it was abit of a waste of my money. What was there was nice but I like to spend a good hour looking round when I go to a craft fair!

Advertising is key - but then this has been covered in your other thread.

As a stallholder, good organisation and communication by the organiser is important to me. I have asked if I am able to make my crafts whilst there (and am given enough room to do this). This is good for me to pass the time plus I think it is interesting for people looking round.

Hope this helps. I will add anything else I can think of when it occurs to me!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks,

I was thinking that having people making pieces then and there would be great! But i have no idea how much room people need so it could get difficult......

Sorry, i seem to be asking a million questions but i really wanna get it rite!!

Laura
      Beyond Beads
      Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
      www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

All the craft fairs I have booked tables for have offered a min of a 6ft table. I have asked if I can take my own small table (e.g. card table size) with my to make some mosaics on, which I will have behind the main table. One of the fairs I have booked has given me 1.5m behind the main table. I haven't done any craft fairs yet so not sure how much room I will need, but my first one is in a few weeks so I will let you know.
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I have been involved with a few craft fairs over the past year, and have paid from £15 to £28.50 a table. I would say that £15 is more the norm and reasonable as craft fairs can be hit or miss for the stallholders.

If I were doing a craft fair, I would think about leafletting the local area, or leafletting outside or near the venue on the day. Definitely a board or a sign outside will also help draw people in.

If you can, you could have a small area where people can have a cup of tea/coffee. This will help keep the customers in, and hopefully keep them spending.

Good luck with it all.....

Lor xx
          Visit my craft store - http://urbanobjects.co.uk

View my blog - http://www.urbanobjects.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X