Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business Cards - what do they need to include?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Cards - what do they need to include?

I am in the process of doing my own business cards but need to know what I need to have on them. E.g. what contact details do I need on there (is there anything by law I need to include?). At the moment I have my logo, email and website and 2 contact numbers. I was going to leave my address of as I don't want too much on there, but not sure if I HAVE to include it? Thanks!
    Last edited by Katianne; 02-03-2007, 12:59 PM.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

By law, all mail shots, paper information etc needs to have a contact name and address on it.

A business card should include:
    Name of business (& nature of business or tag line)
    Business adress
    Telephone number (could also include a mobile number)
    email address
    web site address
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks, that's just what I needed to know
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

There's nothing by law as far as i'm aware..... correct me if i'm wrong!

The info i would always have:

Logo
        Company Name
        Short sentence of Company info
        Contact Name (personal)
        Phone Number (and mobile)
        Email address
        Postal address
        Web site

Hope this helps!!

Laura
        Beyond Beads
        Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
        www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondBeads View Post
          There's nothing by law as far as i'm aware..... correct me if i'm wrong!

Laura
          The law aplies to paperwork you send out with your business details on. Invoices etc. There must be full contact details on it.

There is a thread on the forum that relates to the fact that all uk based websites should also now include full contact details.
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I remember the thread - thats' what made me wonder if the address also needed to be on the cards. They are all done now and reeady to print! Thanks for the advice
            Last edited by Katianne; 03-03-2007, 07:56 PM.
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Hi there, I was advised against putting my address on business cards. The reason being that potential burglars could be at a craft fair, see your cards, know your house is empty for the rest of the day and go and have a rummage!!! Having your address on your website would be more of an issue actually, especially if you have a list of craft fairs you're going to be attending - crafty burglars could plan in advance!
              My website is about ready to launch and yes I do have my address on it (no craft fairs booked this year yet though). I was about to get new business cards made up and was not going to bother with my address, purely from the point of view that would make the card less cluttered plus it's highly unlikely anyone would contact me that way. Does anyone have a link to the legal requirements?
              www.andamento.co.uk ...my website
              http://andamentoblog.blogspot.com/ ... my blog

Comment

Wow, that is a very good point. So do I go legal or pretect myself from risk being burgled??? Yikes!
                Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I haven't got my address on my business cards but do have other contact details like phone numbers, website and email address. What I will do at some stage is put the company name followed by the address but not the number of the house.
                  On a slightly related theme did you know that if your home address is the registered office of your company you have to have displayed visibly your company name. So ours is TS Fifteen so we have to have a plaque outside that shows that this is the registered office. Which is why you see when you go into accountants all the names of the companies that they act as registered offices, for up and displayed.
                  Just read that through and it makes a bit of sense - ask for clarification if you need it!!
                  Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                  My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                  My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

My accountant allows me to use his office as a registered address - which is the one Companies House etc hold etc. as they know where they can get hold of me.
                    This allows me to plan to move house twice this year (yikes!) and avoid wasting printing and also stops the risk of burglary. If they break into the accountants office they'll be disappointed!
                    Some accountants charge for this but I found a guy who offered it free!
                    Mel
                    Try a new way every day and work becomes play!

Comment

Hi folks - does the company/business name outside your house only apply where you are a VAT registered company? We are still in our infancy and not VAT registered yet... not sure how my neighbours would feel about a plaque outside the house!!! Does that not alert potential burglars to the fact you might have stock etc in your house? Yikes!
                      www.cleocrafts.co.uk
                      for all your cardmaking supplies!

Comment

Working...
                      X