Tourist Information Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Information Office

I went into the local Tourist Information Office this afternoon, taking a pack of my postcards and two lots of ten fridge magnets (of two different photos). They took 20 of the postcard, and all the magnets, to see how they go. And tomorrow they will be at the Harwich Sea Festival (the photo on the postcard and one of the magnets is of Harwich Harbour at sunset, with a Thames Barge moored up), and they will be selling them there. So I am feeling very happy, and if these designs go well, I will see if they would like to expand the range. And they only take 5% commission! (Although they only settle up every six months. But it could still be money, and money is good!)

The postcard photo (also on magnets):

Unfortunately, they are reducing their overall stock, especially framed photographs - apparently, they have some that have been hanging around for years, unsold. (Although if I get my photos in anywhere, I intend to come and check and replace/refresh them every so often - I was thinking about once a month, so regular customers don't get bored with them.) But they still took the postcards! Yay!!
    Dagna
    The living embodiment of the phrase 'not a morning person'
    Examples of my jewellery and photography are on my home page: http://www.seshat.com
    Folksy shop: http://www.folksy.com/shops/Dagna

well done, its a beautiful picture
    i must admit i am sometimes tempted to buy a picture but the cost of a framed one puts me off, usually because i dont like the frame or it would not blend in with my other picts(or money restrictions)
    so i would say have lots of unframed picts as well so people have a choice
    i know i would have bought some i have seen but could not afford the framed ones
    sally
    Last edited by just sally; 26-07-2009, 03:03 AM.

Comment

My experience is that any picture worth it's salt should be complimented by a quality frame. In my biz I produce mainly mounted prints to a standard size, but also show them in a high quality oak frame. My standard prints go for a tenner, but the framed ones for as much as £100, & they sell.
      Shops etc are less likely to stock framed prints, but will happily take a framed one for presentation, as long as you don't charge. I have a lot of stock tied up in shops, presenting or sale or return, but once you're in, you're in. Just keep them interested.....

Good luck both

Originally posted by just sally View Post
      well done, its a beautiful picture
      i must admit i am sometimes tempted to buy a picture but the cost of a framed one puts me off, usually because i dont like the frame or it would not blend in with my other picts(or money restrictions)
      so i would say have lots of unframed picts as well so people have a choice
      i know i would have bought some i have seen but could not afford the framed ones
      sally
      www.derekhenderson.ifp3.com

Comment

Dagna - that's brilliant! Have you thought of moving up or down the coast and 'touring' the Tourist Information Offices? I think you might be on to a winner there. We have a lot of coastline......
        AnnieAnna

Comment

Congratulations Dagna, that's brilliant news!!!

Comment

Good one! lets hope for lots of sales then!
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
            X