X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First commission!!

Hello

Got my first commission today!!!

Its a 8" by 10" watercolour of a little boy, i have said i will either mount it in a frame for her or just send her the painting on its own.

Only trouble is i really don't know how much to charge??

Any help would be much appreciated

Ellen

Well done on your first commission

In terms of how much to charge, no idea personally, is that something you could compare online at all, try and see what others charge?
    Emily

Hand Carved Rubber Stamps by Skull and Cross Buns
    Etsy Folksy Twitter Facebook

Comment

Thank you

And yeh, I have had a look at other websites, just thought i'd ask everyones opinion on here aswell

Comment

congrats!
        When I work to commision I charge a bit more than usuall- to cover the additional time spent working with the client etc. I also ask for a non-refundable deposit, Just in case things get complicated...
        hope that helps a bit
        Happy Crafting!
        Claire

Facebook
        Etsy shop
        Folksy shop
        My blog

Comment

Hi Ellen I am so pleased for you. With regards your pricing I have never commissioned art work so would'nt have a clue but make sure you cover the cost of your raw materials factor in your time and see how that cost compares to the average sale price. OOAK work is very difficult to price, have you asked your client what their budget is. They may have a maximum spend in mind.

Good luck, hope it leads to some more work for you, congrats!
          Karen
          www.angelicfolk.co.uk
          Bespoke clothing for your little angels
          http://angelicfolk.etsy.com
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/angelic.folk?ref=profile

Comment

Congrats on your first commission, let's hope it's the first of many!!!

With regards to pricing, then I'd agree with Karen and suggest speaking to your customer about their budget and how much they were thinking of spending, this could also help with your decision on whether to supply a frame or not.

Once you know how much your customer is looking to spend (max budget, etc) then you can factor in your material costs, time, etc and work within their budget... I would definitely ask for a non refundable deposit though.

Comment

Good advice from everyone here. I'm just chipping in to say congratulations on your commission.

Caroline
              silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
              bespoke handmade jewellery
              Silver Jewellery blog
              Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Thank you everyone

I have sent the lady an email so I will just wait and see what she says!

Thanks again

Comment

More congratulations from me, but again, I really can't offer anything re the pricing.

Do we get to see a picture of it when it's done?

Linda

Comment

It's okay, we have worked something out

And yes, I will post a picture as soon as its done for you all to see

Comment

Working...
                    X