Attractive paper bags for craft fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attractive paper bags for craft fair

I am doing a craft fair next month selling jewellery and I've only got a few paper bags left. I thought I would revamp my packaging with some new bags.

Anyone got a good (cheap) suppiler?
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

You have probably already triend but...EBAY??? I had a look the other day for paper bags and quite a few came up (plain and patterned). I'm not sure how cheap they are though as I have nothing to compare them to. Another place you could try is MAKRO (not sure if that's how it's spelt!) although you have to be a member and have a card.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I use this place for all my packaging including jewelry boxes. http://www.johngray-packaging.co.uk/products.html They only 3 miles from me. Seem cheap and very helpfull. Not yet got online ordering but can phone them.
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I use a supplier called kaleidoscope supplies; http://www.kaleidoscope-supplies.co.uk/

They have a wide range of sizes, styles and patterns and efficient delivery and were the cheapest i found when i was looking. I use them for my jewellery boxes and display stands too.

If anyone knows of any cheaper then let me know too!

Laura
        Beyond Beads
        Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]s.co.uk

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
        www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

Stick a Sticker On Plain Bags!

I bought plain pale pink paper bags, and plain white paper carriers from eBay and printed off Apple Tree Crafts stickers, which I then stuck to the bags. I also put a little z-fold leaflet all about my crafts in the bags with every purchase.

I ought to buy some more bags for May's Spring Fair, as I think my last lot of stickers had a Christmas theme to them....must check that!

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I'm hoping to do my first craft fair later this year in the run up to Christmas, but as I'm such an organised person ( ), I'm already thinking of how to display my stuff (cards, toppers, embellishments and die cuts). The card answer is easy enough (I've looked on kaleidoscope-supplies and very pleasantly surprised! ) but how on earth can I display the toppers, embellishments and packs of die cuts (I make all these myself - no pre packed stuff here!)????

I don't want to look like a jumble sale but want to look like I have enough to sell but to display them nicely! My first thoughts were wicker baskets (shallow ones) with tissue paper lining as I can highlight prices instead of people handling everything looking for a price sticker) but is this a bit naff? I can tier these so adds a bit of interest and its not all one one level. I think I'm ok for follow on advertising (business cards etc) but displaying is baffling me!!

I visited a craft fair over Easter and didn't come away with any inspiration.... Plus it was mainly branded stuff and not much creativity

Any ideas or suggestions???!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
              I bought plain pale pink paper bags, and plain white paper carriers from eBay and printed off Apple Tree Crafts stickers, which I then stuck to the bags. I also put a little z-fold leaflet all about my crafts in the bags with every purchase.

I ought to buy some more bags for May's Spring Fair, as I think my last lot of stickers had a Christmas theme to them....must check that!

Jules
              Yeah i was going to say something along those lines.... why not stick with the plain bag idea that you had but maybe invest in a nice stamp that says thanks, or even have one made with your name on! Like the idea of popping something in there with your craft details and web address.....
              eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
              www.buttonberry.com
              www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
              buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Originally posted by sugarandspicecrafts View Post

I visited a craft fair over Easter and didn't come away with any inspiration.... Plus it was mainly branded stuff and not much creativity

Any ideas or suggestions???!!
                As for ideas for creating your packaging - have a look on etsy.com for inspiration - lots of handmade packaging on there.
                Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Originally posted by sugarandspicecrafts View Post
                  but how on earth can I display the toppers, embellishments and packs of die cuts (I make all these myself - no pre packed stuff here!)????
                  Hiya
                  Just an idea but when I've done craft fairs I've made up little display boards (black card stuck over cheap photo frames) and stuck one each of the toppers and embellishments on them along with prices and put all the bits in lined wicker baskets. That way the customers can see easily what you have - plus they always look better mounted - and then they can get what they want from the baskets themselves.

Good luck with the fair
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I've just done my first fair selling my dolls house miniatures, and I bought some transparent carrier bags from morplan, along with some clear labels which I printed with my name and logo. I then also bought some tissue paper to wrap things in before they were put in the bags. So anybody who saw the bags around the fair saw these nicely wrapped items in transparent bags but didnt know what they were.

I know from experience that if I see something in a nice bag but i dont know what it is i have to find out!!
                    my craft website - www.clarescraftycabin.co.uk
                    new swap site - http://clarescraftycab.proboards81.com/index.cgi
                    my dolls house miniatures site - www.claresminimansions.co.uk

Comment

I get mine from Craft Creations. The more you buy, the cheaper they are!

Comment

Working...
                      X