Crafts - Would This Count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafts - Would This Count?

I signed up here because i was looking to help my partner with her crafting hobby, however now i've come to thinking, i may be a crafter at heart and not know about it!

I am huge fan of modifying my car, and sometimes make some of the parts myself - hence the crafting.

Wondered if you thought it counted hehe

My Car Crafts Blog MG ZR

I think it counts!

Comment

Having a hubby who is very interested in every part of motoring... modified cars, motorsport, modifying his own car and helping friends then I'd definitely have to say that this IS a craft in my opinion

Would love to see photos of your project.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
        Having a hubby who is very interested in every part of motoring... modified cars, motorsport, modifying his own car and helping friends then I'd definitely have to say that this IS a craft in my opinion

Would love to see photos of your project.
        Thnx

I'm planning to make a blog up of progress so far. I've got loads of pictures i need to sort through, will hopefully have some updates by the end of the week!

My Car Crafts Blog MG ZR

Comment

oooh a fellow petrol head - great

I'd be fascinated to hear what parts you make yourself too - OH and I have managed to fabricate a few parts for my car myself (and for his bike too) but it's pretty hard.

There are some pics of my car in my profile if you want to see what kind of crazy person I am, although the colour has changed now, it's black with pink and blue flames!!

Claire
          Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
          Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
          www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Anything that involves you having to make parts is a craft in my opinion!!!
            Diane
            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Just a thought, have you ever considered customising 1/12th scale cars?
              Done well, they sell for over £100 each all over the world.
              I know someone who used to do it and would get large orders off keen enthusiasts
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sock-M...22898944436967
              Handmade Sock Monkeys, cats and animals

Comment

Yes, join in, it certainly sounds like a craft!

It would be interesting to see pics, let us know about the blog when it's up and running!
                digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
                blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
                hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
                blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

Originally posted by ladyluckjewellery View Post
                  There are some pics of my car in my profile if you want to see what kind of crazy person I am, although the colour has changed now, it's black with pink and blue flames!!

Claire
                  I bet that doesn't do a lot to the gallon, lol.

Caroline
                  silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
                  bespoke handmade jewellery
                  Silver Jewellery blog
                  Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Originally posted by silverjewelleryworkshop View Post
                    I bet that doesn't do a lot to the gallon, lol.

Caroline
                    It's more like 'gallons to the mile' I get about 3 fast 1/4 mile runs out of a gallon, so not the cheapest hobby in the world with the price of petrol at the moment

Claire
                    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Originally posted by ladyluckjewellery View Post
                      oooh a fellow petrol head - great

I'd be fascinated to hear what parts you make yourself too - OH and I have managed to fabricate a few parts for my car myself (and for his bike too) but it's pretty hard.

Claire
                      Nice! Have you taken it down the drag strip ? what sort of times it getting? Lookes awesome!

I'm was in the process of designing / making a rear strut brace for the car from scratch, but got put on hold when i moved away for summer.

Main things i do is paint existing parts, interior, engine cover, brake callipers etc.

My Car Crafts Blog MG ZR

Comment

Working...
                      X