Hole making thingies?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole making thingies?????

Can anyone tell me what they are called please.
    I need to make in fabric that is reinforced with a metal ring like an eyelet. The hole must be no smaller tham that of a paper hole punch used for filing on Lever Arch files. Does that make sense? I want to make pages out of fabric that will go into a small similar type file. I can't look on the nett until I know what they are called.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Brads I think
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

or Bradawl?
      Chris xx
      My Website
      My Blog

Comment

Just a hole punch. They have several on ebay at the moment. Most of them have various size punches on omne tool and the eyelets get put on with the tool as well. Google hole punch or fabric hole punch.
        Hope this helps
        Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Thankyou but I want one that puts the metal ring around the whole,
          Carol

Comment

We use to use these things for sail making and they put the metal grommet in the hole. The rings come in 2 parts and one part goes on the cutting part of the punch. when you punch the hole it shoves the ring through the material and you then put the second ha;f onto the ring and punch again. This fixes the two together on the material sealing the edge of the fabric.

The other alternative is a little punch you use with a hammer and a small anvil that comes wit the set
            Try here or here or here

Pete
            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
            Facebook

Website

Comment

Is it a "Crop -o -dile" your after ? Have a looky at this

http://www.craftsuperstore.co.uk/.../We-R-Memory-Keepers/b1265.aspx -

hope this helps

kazxx

If link plays up just google crop-o-dile

Comment

Originally posted by kazzells View Post
                Is it a "Crop -o -dile" your after ? Have a looky at this

http://www.craftsuperstore.co.uk/.../We-R-Memory-Keepers/b1265.aspx -

hope this helps

kazxx

If link plays up just google crop-o-dile
                Thankyou thankyou thankyou. Thats just what I want, and in a sale too. I have added the page to my fav. as I lost my debit card yesterday and had to cancel it so gotta wait for a new one. (another senior moment).
                Carol

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                  We use to use these things for sail making and they put the metal grommet in the hole. The rings come in 2 parts and one part goes on the cutting part of the punch. when you punch the hole it shoves the ring through the material and you then put the second ha;f onto the ring and punch again. This fixes the two together on the material sealing the edge of the fabric.

The other alternative is a little punch you use with a hammer and a small anvil that comes wit the set
                  Try here or here or here

Pete
                  I did think about those and if I cant get the other one I will settle for these. Thanks for trying for me.
                  Carol

Comment

This any good?

http://toolbug.co.uk/eyelet-hole-pun...ches-p-55.html
                    I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Working...
                    X