any other photographers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any other photographers here?

Hello, I was just wondering how many other photographers there are in this site, as I would love to have a chat with you especially if you do craft fairs

I am a photographer (and I make jewellery), and I have just done my first fair. I found that cards with the photos on sold quite well, but I also sold a framed photo, which was a huge thrill!
    Dagna
    The living embodiment of the phrase 'not a morning person'
    Examples of my jewellery and photography are on my home page: http://www.seshat.com
    Folksy shop: http://www.folksy.com/shops/Dagna

Comment

Excellent, well done, I have my first fair in a couple of weeks, only found out about it last week, so i have been desperately trying to find out some information on how to best display photos @ at fair and also rough prices. I will be selling mounted, but un framed prints, mainly due to the fact that I dont have enough time to order any decent frames in in time as well at cut the mounts and get the prints done, I will also have some canvases on display and the ability to take orders.

Also going to be doing cards

tis all a bit nerve wracking

Comment

Ikea sell handy wooden tabletop easels for 69p each. Just the thing for showing of a few indivual photographs (I also use them for my jewellery display boards, but use 2 per board for stability).
        Dagna
        The living embodiment of the phrase 'not a morning person'
        Examples of my jewellery and photography are on my home page: http://www.seshat.com
        Folksy shop: http://www.folksy.com/shops/Dagna

Comment

our nearest Ikea is a good drive away, might see if they mail order them thanks for the tip tho was looking @ a tabletop easel in an art shop at £27 I wasnt going to part with the cash!

Comment

its only by at store for the easels ahh well

Comment

I'm sure that there are more photographer members here too, such as dolts007 to name one. Perhaps they are all off snapping away in exotic locations at the moment...

Si.
              Wood Tattoos
              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

I wish !!!!!

Although Pembrokeshire a few weeks ago was pretty tropical !
                Web: www.randmphotography.com
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/dolts007

Comment

I am a keen photographer, did it for A-level and try to include my photography within my art degree.

I have a Nikon D40x with 3, soon to be 4 lenses. I'd love a D80 or better but until I sell some paintings for lots of money, I'm going to be waiting a longggg time
                  ReganLottie x

Art Blog: http://invitationtothevoyage.blogspot.com/

Comment

another photographer

Hi,

I have been selling my photos for about a year now at craft fairs etc and would be happy to chat with you.

Comment

Originally posted by TVC View Post
                      Excellent, well done, I have my first fair in a couple of weeks, only found out about it last week, so i have been desperately trying to find out some information on how to best display photos @ at fair and also rough prices. I will be selling mounted, but un framed prints, mainly due to the fact that I dont have enough time to order any decent frames in in time as well at cut the mounts and get the prints done, I will also have some canvases on display and the ability to take orders.

There are various types of plate stands available mail order, from plastic-coated metal to small plastic ones that might be ok for individual photos. Good luck, and enjoy yourself!

Comment

its only by at store for the easels ahh well
                        have you tried ebay?

Comment

hi TVC

I wish you well in your new venture, it does become an addiction though, so beware!

Couple of things I've picked up on from your message and ignore me if I'm going on but unless you already have the equipment for cutting your own mounts, I would buy on bulk from ebay. I also use a very good framing company at competitive prices which may help you if you dont yet have a supplier. Just PM me and I'll forward the details. The reason i mention the above is all down to time. There is never enough of it and preparing for a craft fair, whether printing cards, making keyrings, mousemats etc and of course pricing the products all takes up valuable time.

From my experience, a selection of different sized mounts seems to work but my canvases I just cant shift. Dont know why, maybe its down to cost in the current climate.

My wife and I sell our photos which are of wildlife/nature/landscapes etc so we always ensure we have some bright bold coloured photos on show to attract the eye.

We also sell more than just mounted prints, mousemats, keyrings, bookmarks, coasters, magnets, notebooks etc all at varying prices so there's something from a £1 to £75.

if you would like any details on paper or suppliers as i mentioned above, please PM me and I'll be happy to help
                          Web: www.randmphotography.com
                          Twitter: www.twitter.com/dolts007

Comment

Hello .

I'm a childrens portrait photographer (part time WAHM). I've been photographing some clothes for a member of your forum & found this site when I investigates where all the traffic was coming from to view the photographs I took for her. It seems really nice.

My web access is a bit hit & miss at the moment (just moved), but I will be popping in more, especially as I see there are more photographers here.

See you soon.

Sarah
                            Sarahleigh

www.sarahleighphotography.co.uk

Comment

I have just searched in the photography section and found this thread! I use my own images on greeting cards but also want to sell the images to hang on walls. It's a pity to hide matt prints behind glass, so I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X