Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rain came down and the wind did blow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rain came down and the wind did blow!

Spent yesterday creating extra jewellery and cards for my stall at the farmers market. Valentines market so I made a huge swag of hearts and a load of valentines cards. When I got up this morning in the wee samll hours it was blowing a gale and the rain was hammering down. The market is outdoor and On the side of a hill in an open playground. If it's bad at home, it'd be worse there. I went back to bed!!
    They are really good and let me off if the weather is too bad because last year for the first four months I spent time wading through mud catching my stock as the wind decided to play with it.
    I had a lovely lie in till half eight and then got on with some website updates.
    I'm just annoyed that I've missed the valentines trade and I've got loads of related stuff to store till next year. (bet I forget where I put it, or that I've even done it!)
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
    Spent yesterday creating extra jewellery and cards for my stall at the farmers market. Valentines market so I made a huge swag of hearts and a load of valentines cards. When I got up this morning in the wee samll hours it was blowing a gale and the rain was hammering down. The market is outdoor and On the side of a hill in an open playground. If it's bad at home, it'd be worse there. I went back to bed!!
    I don't blame you!! We went to a car boot two weeks ago and part of it was outside - it was freezing and most traders had decided that they were giving up and going home when the rain started coming down at 9.30!
    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

ah at least you got a lay in and kept warm and dry it would have been no fun out there and would people turn out in this weather?you made the right choice.
      Mollymandy

Comment

Awww...that's so bugging

But better to stay home in this weather, I bet it was really quiet at the market. Did you loose your stall fee too?Is the stuff all Valentine's or could you sell it as 'I love you' or 'romance' themed items?

Lovely patch of blue sky out of the window just now, but the next squall of heavy rain is right behind it! My tumble dryer's on overtime.....anything that won't go in the dryer is festooned over the radiators!

I really hope we get good weather for the Fair in May, we usually have good Bank Holiday weekends. Everything is indoors, but if the weather's really bad, people won't venture outdoors. Fingers crossed!

Jules
        Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 11-02-2007, 11:12 AM. Reason: typos
        Apple Tree Crafts
        www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
          But better to stay home in this weather, I bet it was really quiet at the market. Did you loose your stall fee too?Is the stuff all Valentine's or could you sell it as 'I love you' or 'romance' themed items?

Jules
          I asked around today about the fee and it looks as though it's getting waived because I am a good girl and normally turn up in all weathers.

As far as the valentines stuff, I'll probably eak some of it out as I love you stuff!
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Working...
          X