My first negative experience as an Ebay Buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first negative experience as an Ebay Buyer

I am shaking with rage.....so forgive me for a rant...

I just bought some ice cube trays on Ebay (20 of them from 1 seller) - th cost was £39 and the postage was £20+...so I requested an invoice with a polite message saying that she could post them 1st class for £8.22.

She's sent me the invoice - with no message and the P&P unaltered...

Quite frankly I'd rather receive a strike for non-payment than pay £10 more than the cost for Postage....

What a cheek!!!....I don't know how these people live with themselves...
    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

...just leave her negative feedback for such high postage costs! she can't say you didn't contact her first!

I would probably email her again though just asking if she received your first message - I've had that situation before where I've thought someone was ignoring my email just to find they'd gone away for a few days or they'd just not seen it!
    Last edited by boden girl; 27-05-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

That seems an awful lot for P&P doesn't it It'll be interesting to see just how much the actual postage is when your package arrives.

I've just had my first negative experience as a buyer too.
      Won a few auctions in a row from the same person, charged p&p for each item and then when they arrived, the seller had saved on their P&P costs by sending everthing together in the one package!
      also the item was most definitely NOT in the condition the seller claims it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Bath-Bomb.Com View Post
        I am shaking with rage.....so forgive me for a rant...

I just bought some ice cube trays on Ebay (20 of them from 1 seller) - th cost was £39 and the postage was £20+...so I requested an invoice with a polite message saying that she could post them 1st class for £8.22.

She's sent me the invoice - with no message and the P&P unaltered...

Quite frankly I'd rather receive a strike for non-payment than pay £10 more than the cost for Postage....

What a cheek!!!....I don't know how these people live with themselves...
        Ohh rant away.. we don't mind..

I presume that the postage issue was one of "combined P&P"?? and the seller has charged you the per item rate?? - notwithstanding them ignoring your request, you really "should" ascertain postage costs beforehand, as once you press that button you are obliged to pay the displayed rate

The other thing which may be a factor here, is that the seller may be a drop shipper..

Basically you have a range of products you offer for sale that you don't own. When you sell an item, you order it via your wholesaler, who packs and dispatches the item on your behalf.. because it is sold on a "per item" basis, these type of sellers do not offer combined postage rates.

On the other hand, maybe they are just as greedy as you think!

Comment

aww thats poo, was it the combined shipping thing?
          www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

I think I just trust people to be honest...because I am...she does say she combines shipping but it says the postage for the first one is £1.25 (very reasonable) and then for subsequent ones it's £1.00 and, to be honest if I'd bought 2 then it would still be reasonable for postage...but start buying 10 or 20 and the cost to post goes down (per item) exponentially...but ebay doesn't let you caculate this so you have to rely on people requesting an invoice...

I did message her again...I have a few of these items at home so I weighed one and it weighs about 100g so for 20 it falls into the 2 to 4Kilo bracket for 1st class post = £8.22...I've not heard back...

and no, she's not using a dropshipping service - the item is an IKEA ice cube tray...and she has a few negatives for excessive P&P...

Anyway...she's not getting my money...

Comment

I think I just trust people to be honest...because I am...she does say she combines shipping but it says the postage for the first one is £1.25 (very reasonable) and then for subsequent ones it's £1.00 and, to be honest if I'd bought 2 then it would still be reasonable for postage...but start buying 10 or 20 and the cost to post goes down (per item) exponentially...but ebay doesn't let you caculate this so you have to rely on people requesting an invoice...

I did message her again...I have a few of these items at home so I weighed one and it weighs about 100g so for 20 it falls into the 2 to 4Kilo bracket for 1st class post = £8.22...I've not heard back...

and no, she's not using a dropshipping service - the item is an IKEA ice cube tray...and she has a few negatives for excessive P&P...

Anyway...she's not getting my money...
              Oh! well, if it's a current IKEA product, I will get the OH to go and buy some.. any excuse to go to IKEA usually suffices!

Comment

where does she live can any off us lot pick it up and post them on.
                Racheal
                Racheal
                www.soapsudsandsalts.co.uk

Comment

I had my first negative buying experience too last week

I bought a bulk load of wood horseshoes on ebay, seller's postage policy was £8 max no matter how much bought, my items postage combined came upto £12+
                  Sellers online instructions was either I amend postage at checkout or email and ask for extra items to be included for the postage over the £8 max.

At checkout there was no way to amend postage so I paid emailing asking for either a refund of the postage or the extra items to the overpaid value as per the sellers shop info instructions. I received no extra items to the value of the postage over the £8 and have not received a refund either. I've emailed loads of times but am being ignored!

Oh and postage on the box, including the registered fee was £4 so even £8 is excessive allowing an amount for packaging even

This is from a supplier i have used many many times. Needless to say I'm very disappointed.

I've spent ages online and emailing round and I've found a new wood supplier now who was happy to send me some free samples first to check i liked the wood and has been an absolute star. He'll be getting my money from now on
                  http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                  Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                  My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by rhulme View Post
                    where does she live can any off us lot pick it up and post them on.
                    Racheal
                    That's a good idea, you'd think one of us on here would live nearby.
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

lol...what a lovely lot you are, offering to drive by her house or go to IKEA....she's in Dewsbury, but I doubt she'd let me get someone to collect...

Anyway, I've just phoned Paton Calvert who do something similar and bought 36 of them for a P&P charge of £6.75...

I have looked up the excessive P&P charges policy on Ebay and if I don't hear back from her (which I doubt I will) I will report her to Ebay and explain that I won't be paying for the item...which I think is quite reasonable of me...

This sort of thing gives all us hardworking Ebay Sellers a bad name...

Thank you for all your support...I have calmed down now and am smiling again

Jude

Comment

Thats a shame, keep smiling, dont let them get you down
                        Sarah

Comment

lol...what a lovely lot you are, offering to drive by her house or go to IKEA....she's in Dewsbury, but I doubt she'd let me get someone to collect...

Anyway, I've just phoned Paton Calvert who do something similar and bought 36 of them for a P&P charge of £6.75...

Thank you for all your support...I have calmed down now and am smiling again

Jude
                          Dang! now that means he will be spending "our" money instead! he heheheh!

Seems youre having a week of it Jude.. freebie requests and all...

Comment

I would have contacted her before to check on the combined postage thing. if i understand she hasnt actually lied to you or anything. I think to presume someone will be sensible and do the right thing is a bit risky! Perhaps I dont have a very trusting nature!
                            www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
                            http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

Originally posted by AmyE View Post
                              I would have contacted her before to check on the combined postage thing. if i understand she hasnt actually lied to you or anything. I think to presume someone will be sensible and do the right thing is a bit risky! Perhaps I dont have a very trusting nature!

You're right...but i suppose I also trust that sellers will have some kind of business nouse...and realise that a few quid off the P&P = happy customer as opposed to excessive postage = NO SALE....

Comment

Working...
                              X