Opinion required please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion required please...

Someone at work put a post up wanting prize donations for a charity event he's involved in. Not being one to miss out on a shameless plug, I offered him a voucher for my website, lol.

However, I'm not sure how to do it, whether it should be say £10 off your next order, or whether I should try and make sure I dont lose out, so say £10 off when you spend £25 (numbers are arbitary, was going to be Xs & Ys but thought it would be clearer this way!)

That and I dont know how much the voucher should be for - I dont want to be really cheap, but I also dont want to leave myself open to losing too much revenue.

Any thoughts?

Also, for those of you that give out vouchers, how do you reassure yourself that it wont be photocopied or something and potentially used multiple times? I was wondering whether I should sign the back and laminate it (bfs suggestion) but I dont know whether I'm just being paranoid! It will have a unique code on it that I'll have a record of, but I'm concerned about more than one person ordering with that code. Or should I get them to post the voucher back to me to pay? What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
    Please visit my website - forum members discount details on offers thread!
    http://www.silverjewellerydesigns.com/

I give out vouchers - for use on website only.

They all have different codes on, so can only be used once.

hth

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

My opinion:

As its a charity you should donate a ticket for what you would give. I think to make money out of it isnt very charitable. You are getting free advertising anyway. May I ask which charity its for.
      www.sovereigncrafts.co.uk

Comment

The code, signing it and laminating it and returning it to you as payment all sound like very good ideas to me. Also getting £X off when you spend £Y sounds fair too.
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

You're not stalking me this evening are you Jane?! lol

But how do you know that someone else wont acquire the code somehow, then you wont know who should have the discount?

I am being overly paranoid tho I think!

Comment

Originally posted by SJD View Post
            You're not stalking me this evening are you Jane?! lol

But how do you know that someone else wont acquire the code somehow, then you wont know who should have the discount?

I am being overly paranoid tho I think!

Ok - unique code, can only be used once - our website will not accept another payment for same code twice - if that makes sense?

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign Crafts View Post
              My opinion:

As its a charity you should donate a ticket for what you would give. I think to make money out of it isnt very charitable. You are getting free advertising anyway. May I ask which charity its for.
              Off the top of my head I cant remember which charity its for - the info is at work and this dialouge was started before I went on holiday, but its something to do with soccer in Africa I think.

I dont mean to sound tight, I'm happy to donate some of the profit on sales, but I dont want to end up too much out of pocket, and say sell items below cost price.

Comment

I understand not being out of pocket, makes sense. Best solution would be to accept the laminated card back as payment, save anyone trying to photocopy it and using the code more than the gift attended.
                www.sovereigncrafts.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X