X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafting Group in Stoke on Trent

Good morning all,

Hope we are all well.

As some of you may know, hubby and I currently supply our cards and candles to a local shop.

We have now been asked if we would be interested in getting involved with running craft groups on the second floor of the shop.

Obviously a craft club sounds great to me... somewhere to share ideas and tips with fellow crafters, somewhere to sit down and have a natter with likeminded people. And in hopefully introduce demonstrations to the club of some of the different techniques which are out there.

Before we commit to this idea we really want to gauge how much interest there would be. The shop owners are looking to charge a small amount each week for the use of the room, which would include refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits) but as yet a 'price' has not been decided.

If the craft club is successful then they are also looking to start stocking craft supplies which would be reasonably priced and the range would be decided dependant on the crafters needs/wants.

Would many of you be interested in coming along to a craft club in Longton, Stoke on Trent? At the moment it's looking like this would be held on a Wednesday afternoon. How much would you think would be a fair prices for the use of the facilities?

All crafters would be welcome, although the initial emphasise would be on papercrafts however we hope to expand to more indepth involvement in other crafts over time.

All ideas, information and criticisms are welcome... looking forward to hearing your comments.

Thanks,

Laura

Hi Laura

Sounds interesting, I probably wouldn't commit to coming along regularly because of the distance but I'd be interested to come along as a Demo. Talking to other SU Demo's who hold regular classes, charges vary from around £4 - £10 depending on length of time and no. of items being made and taken home. To give you an idea, I'm charging £6 for a 2 hour class, with 2-3 projects being made in that time which can be kept and taken home - tomorrow's will be a matching card, gift bag & tag. Also including refreshments in that as well.

I would think if you could get it up & running you'd get a lot of interest, it does seem that crafters like getting together & learning/seeing new ideas/products etc.

HTH - if you want to know any more about my class or SU classes to give you some more ideas, then just give me a shout!

Jan xx
    "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Thanks Jan, as soon as I have more details and info then I'll definitely let you know and it would be great to have you come along and do some demos

Comment

Count me in stoke on trent is not to far for me. I need lots of help.

Comment

Originally posted by zoeistopdog View Post
          Count me in stoke on trent is not to far for me. I need lots of help.
          Excellent Which afternoon in the week is best for you? We're still trying to decide on a day!!

Comment

Any day is fine by me

Comment

Cool, well as soon as I have more details then I'll let you know

Comment

Best of luck with this venture Laura, just wish I were nearer as I would love to come along and have a natter and make something at the same time.

Why not put an ad in the local paper, in this area our local papers all have a "whats on" section where you can add your event etc for free, you could tell people that you are hoping to start in the near future and ask people who want to come along to either email you or go into the shop to put their names on a waiting list.

I bet you will find that you are inundated with locals wanting to come along
                Diane
                Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Great idea Diane, thanks for that... I'll look into that today

Comment

Leaflet/ flyer distribution

Hiyah Laura,

Sounds exciting...

If you manage to get some leaflets or flyers together I'd be happy to have them on display at my fabric sales (next one is May 31st) to try and get more people interested. My sales are held in Stone so there is the potential to get lots of local potential crafters interested.

Perhaps once my little one is a bit bigger I could do something on patchwork and quilting for you too? The eldest goes to Nursery on a Weds afternoon

Best Regards

Alison
                    http://www.pollyanna-patchwork.co.uk

12 High Street, Eccleshall, STAFFS, ST21 6BZ Tel: 01785 859360

Comment

wish I could make it!

if I wasnt working all week with two kids when I am not at work I would love to come and support you. I live in cannock staffordshire so would have been happy to travel. Good luck anyway and let me know how it goes!!
                      www.safimelcardsandpendants.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pollyanna-patchwork View Post
                        Hiyah Laura,

Sounds exciting...

If you manage to get some leaflets or flyers together I'd be happy to have them on display at my fabric sales (next one is May 31st) to try and get more people interested. My sales are held in Stone so there is the potential to get lots of local potential crafters interested.

Perhaps once my little one is a bit bigger I could do something on patchwork and quilting for you too? The eldest goes to Nursery on a Weds afternoon

Best Regards

Alison
                        Hi Alison,

I hope you and the little ones are well.

As soon as I have some more information sorted out and some posters made up then I'll definitely let you know.

It would be great if you could do some patchwork and quilting at the group... something different from what has already been suggested, and I'm sure you could bring baby (sorry I can't remember his name) along with you as there'll be plenty of people there and the shop owner is a qualified nursery nurse.

I am thinking that a Wednesday afternoon is probably going to be best, but I'll definitely let you know.

Thanks a lot,

Laura xxx

Comment

Working...
                        X