Ebay rules on emailing files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay rules on emailing files

I have got some knitting patterns on ebay and am posting them out on a cd as you are not allowed to list digitally deliveered items. However if I buy a pattern I want it now and assume thats what my cutomers want too. So can I send the pattern in an email after I have posted the cd? I am not advertising this but thought it might be a nice touch and customer can get their pattern today. Anyone know? Have asked on ebay forums too but thought someone here may know
    flickr
    blog
    my website
    etsy

Well have several posts on ebay forum and apparently I am breaking the rules by sending a cd, it has to be printed. Recordable cds are not allowed unless they are blank. <sigh> Thought I would update as there have been quite a few views (if no replies!) so thought maybe other people may be interested - especially as there are so many people selling recordable cds with stuff on!

So next question is would you mind if you received a printed pattern that wasnt laminated? I dont have a laminator and have no intentions of laminating 7 pages anyway.
    flickr
    blog
    my website
    etsy

Comment

Hon . . I'm not a knitting person . . my Gran used to knit furiously all the time . . and even more furiously when she was watching the wrestling on the telly . . but if I received a pattern thro the post which wasn't laminated I don't think I'd have any problem with that so long as it was nicely printed and well packaged. You could always supply them in nice folders . . with your logo/shop/web site details on the front . . and a small flyer for other patterns and new patterns and upcoming stuff??

I think if I got something like that I'd be really pleased!

. . And . . you could always sell them in packs of patterns in one folder . . increases your potential sales and your potential products.

. . And you could put other stuff in the folder too . . hints and tips . . guides . . etc.

All of which wouldn't cost that much more to produce . . added value at little cost always seems to please people
      Gloria

www.dichro-findings.co.uk
      Etsy Shop
      Artfire Shop
      dichro-findings blog

Comment

You are definately a business woman, thats a really good idea, especially including a flyer for upcoming stuff. Half the reason I wanted to use ebay was the wider audience it provides so that would make a lot of sense. Thanks!
        flickr
        blog
        my website
        etsy

Comment

I bought some crochet patterns on Ebay with the choice of downloading or receiving in the post.

When I placed my order it didn't give me the choice so I emailed the seller and she said they don't let you buy patterns to download any more but if I ordered and paid post and packing she would refund me the P & P and email the patterns which she did the same day.

I have ordered patterns before and they weren't laminated just printed on A4 paper which was fine as I keep my patterns in acetate sleeves in a file.
          I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Working...
          X